ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Can Anyone Advise Me on FLR (M)27 months to ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chrisini77

Please Can Anyone Advise Me on FLR (M)27 months to ILR

Post by chrisini77 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:19 pm

I need advice on applying for ILR...i got married in 2010 applied for FLR M but was refused and was asked to leave the country in 2011 and reapply from my home country which i did. I applied from home and was given 27 months starting from october, i entered the country in november 2011. i would like to know when would it be advisable for me to apply as i want to make a PEO application. Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:29 pm

From 28 days before November 2013 (day as you entered in 2011) on set(m).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

chrisini77

Post by chrisini77 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:49 pm

Thanks Amber....the reason i had to seek advice was to clarify my doubts cos my lawyer said i can only apply 28 days to when my visa would be expiring in january 2014 even when i told him on UKBA website it states to apply 28 days before 2years anniversary, but he was adamant on what he was saying.

wangxiaosara
Newly Registered

Post by wangxiaosara » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:59 pm

chrisini77 wrote:Thanks Amber....the reason i had to seek advice was to clarify my doubts cos my lawyer said i can only apply 28 days to when my visa would be expiring in january 2014 even when i told him on UKBA website it states to apply 28 days before 2years anniversary, but he was adamant on what he was saying.
Strongly suggest that you should change your lawyer.

By the way, set m can be done easily by DIY. No lawyer needed if your case is straightforward.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:12 pm

There are many incompetent advisors around so I'm not at all surprised.

I suggest you use the Settlement Checking Service if you wish to have your application checked, it'll cost around £90. They can also send your application and you'll get to keep your documents or you can proceed to a premium appointment.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:14 am

You still have leave after you complete your qualifying period. For piece of mind, you may simply apply for ILR at a PEO during that time.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chrisini77

Post by chrisini77 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:22 pm

@ vinny @ Amber..can i apply using PEO 28 days before my 24 months on arrival into the UK, or wait until 28 days before the 27 months of visa...

i want to do this to avoid what the home office put me and my wife through for over a year when i applied for FLR M in 2010 after my marriage with a 4 months valid visa using postal application, they refused my application as i had used the wrong form and said i had not made a valid application.

i then reapplied but by that time my visa had expired as the held it all that time they suggested i leave the country to make another application and said i and my wife who is british should go to my home country that family life cannot only be lived in the UK but i ended going back home to re apply.

i would also like to know if i can still use my masters degree in UK as proof of english and letter i got from UK Naric that my 1st degree was taught in english and is C1 level which i used to apply for my FLR (M). thanks
Last edited by chrisini77 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:34 pm

D4109125 wrote:From 28 days before November 2013 (day as you entered in 2011) on set(m).
As above, you will also need a pass on the Life in the UK test or equivalent to settle. Your degree should suffice the new requirement.

chrisini77

Post by chrisini77 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:36 pm

@ Amber yea i have passed life in the Uk test, have all my bank statements and payslips so does my wife too... but there is a change coming up in october about the KOLL which is my only concerns

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:38 pm

D4109125 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:From 28 days before November 2013 (day as you entered in 2011) on set(m).
As above, you will also need a pass on the Life in the UK test or equivalent to settle. Your degree should suffice the new requirement.

chrisini77

Post by chrisini77 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:54 pm

Thanks Amber...really appreciate your quick response :)

chrisini77

Post by chrisini77 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi all, thanks for all the advice and experience shared on this site. I was given a 27 months Visa on Oct 2011-Jan 2014, arrived in the Uk Nov 2011.
I attended my PEO appointment for SET (M) in Glasgow yesterday afternoon for 2.00pm but got there 12.00pm so as to locate where the office was. I and my wife spent like an hour/half in the cafe opposite the office before we made our way into the office as i had to be there 30mins before my appointment.

They asked for both our passport at the security desk and the type of application i was making. The security guy said we will be searched like we r in the airport except for no pat down, we had to empty our pockets and went through metal detector scanner.

We then went to a window inside the waiting hall where a lady asked wot application was i there for and i replied set M, she asked if i had made payment and i said yes i did online. she completed a form which asked questions such as if i am applying within the 28 days to my anniversary, if i am aware of the immigration rules for the category i am applying for, if i have documents required for the category i am applying for, and if i needed them to go over the immigration rules with me.

The lady went on to say i am not getting any decision on my application today and the payment i made was for my application to be processed faster. i waited for 30mins before i got a number and waited until 3.30pm before my number was called.

I took out all my document that was packed neatly in various poly pockets and just handed it to the guy attending to me, he never asked me anything ....all he then said was "i will input ur details into the system and pass ur documents to a caseworker but no decision would be made today on ur case".

He asked me to go and sit down and he would call me back, got called back after 30mins and he handed me my passport and told me i would be called for biometrics and would need my passport. I made photocopies of everything and asked the guy if he needed them but he felt reluctant taking them, but later said ok ill take them save us time to make copies.

I was called for my biometrics afterwards where my prints were taken and picture too..the guy there asked me questions like have my finger prints been taken before in or out of UK and when, have my finger prints been taken by the police, and have i committed any crime in the UK.

I Finished there and he said i can go, i waited a while again before a lady came out to me and said the biometrics has come through and my application has been passed to a caseworker and i will be getting decision tomorrow morning as they would call me between 8am and 11am she said i can now go.

I got a call this morning 11.20am that my application for ILR has been granted and my documents has been posted and i should be receiving them tomorrow and my biometric resident permit card will be sent afterwards and should be with me 7-10 working days.

Wish all those applying best of luck and thanks once again.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:41 pm

Congratulations.

chrisini77

Post by chrisini77 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:11 pm

Thank you very much Amber :)