ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appointment @ Lunar House for Husband's ILR!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

clairey

Appointment @ Lunar House for Husband's ILR!

Post by clairey » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:45 pm

Well, we've got his appointment - Wed 14th. Back off to that delightful place that is Lunar House. At least we've got an early appointment, so we hopefully won't be there all day (maybe shouldn't speak too soon!).

So tonight is the "ceremonial putting of documents into new special folder" - I just hope we have enough! Btw, did you know BT and Sky won't allow you to have bills in 2 names? Not very helpful to our cause. So we have:

Bank statements (Joint names)
Pay slips
Mortgage documents (Joint names)
Mobile Phone bills
Credit card bills
Medical Cards and hospital appointment letters
Car and Life and Home insurance certificates (Joint names)
Council Tax (Joint names)
Electricity Bills (Joint names)
Phone Bills
Sky TV bills

Just a bit concerned about the first year of his residency - trying to set up our bank account and his credit card and mobile was a nightmare as they all wanted 3 years of addresses, plus we were living with my parents until very recently, so we don't have many utility bills. My father has said he'll write a letter confirming that this was the case. So basically the first couple of months after our marriage is a bit thin on the document front. Will this be a problem do you think?

Any advice/words of wisdom to calm me down?

Rambo
Newly Registered

Re: Appointment @ Lunar House for Husband's ILR!

Post by Rambo » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:05 am

clairey wrote:Well, we've got his appointment - Wed 14th. Back off to that delightful place that is Lunar House. At least we've got an early appointment, so we hopefully won't be there all day (maybe shouldn't speak too soon!).

So tonight is the "ceremonial putting of documents into new special folder" - I just hope we have enough! Btw, did you know BT and Sky won't allow you to have bills in 2 names? Not very helpful to our cause. So we have:

Bank statements (Joint names)
Pay slips
Mortgage documents (Joint names)
Mobile Phone bills
Credit card bills
Medical Cards and hospital appointment letters
Car and Life and Home insurance certificates (Joint names)
Council Tax (Joint names)
Electricity Bills (Joint names)
Phone Bills
Sky TV bills

Just a bit concerned about the first year of his residency - trying to set up our bank account and his credit card and mobile was a nightmare as they all wanted 3 years of addresses, plus we were living with my parents until very recently, so we don't have many utility bills. My father has said he'll write a letter confirming that this was the case. So basically the first couple of months after our marriage is a bit thin on the document front. Will this be a problem do you think?

Any advice/words of wisdom to calm me down?
For my wife's ILR application we didn't have many letters in her name at all, just NHS letters. We do however have a child together, I don't know if that makes a big difference.

The immigration officer didn't really ask to see my wife's letters, she asked to see all of the letters and bills addressed to me over the 2 years. She said this was because I was responsible for my wifes stay.

I don't know why this was or if it will be the same for other applications.

I would recommend you both dress smartly.

clairey

Post by clairey » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:06 am

Help! I'm getting so nervous now! I just don't know what I'll do if they reject our application!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:51 am

I'm getting so nervous now! I just don't know what I'll do if they reject our application!
Nervous? Why? Based upon the details of the evidence that you have posted there is absolutely no reason for the application to be rejected. So just calm down and enjoy the experience .... and be very thankful that the application is being made this month for £500 rather than next month for £950!
John

clairey

Post by clairey » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:03 am

Sorry - I get stressed very easily :oops:

British

Post by British » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:47 pm

Hi clairey,

With that sort of documentation you guys have compiled, I am sure your husband has got the ILR by now. Please say that! :D :)

clairey

Post by clairey » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:07 am

Hi guys!

Just wanted to say thank you to you all, as we got my husband's ILR yesterday!!! Can't tell you how happy we are! :D :D :D

It actually all went really smoothly and I was suprised at how much more efficient Lunar House has become. Our appointment was at 9am, and we were told to arrive at 8:30. We got there at more like 8:20 and walked straight into the building, went through the security check and then we were 2nd in the queue for our "pre-check" on the ground floor. We had our application form and documents checked briefly, and then we were told to go up to the 1st floor to pay. There were NO queues to pay, and we were sat down waiting for our appointment at 8:34!

We were called at just gone 9am, and presented all our documentation to the gentleman dealing with our case. He started entering our details into his computer, and then we had a worrying wait as he sorted through our documents into 2 piles (this is where I started panicking that the larger pile was the one he wouldn't be able to use!). He went off and photocopied our papers and told us it would take about an hour/hour and a half to process the visa, and that we could go out of Lunar House and come back later, which we duely did. When we came back, we went through security again, and then were told to go and check at desk 11 to see if it was ready. Apparently it had been ready almost immediately, so we hadn't needed to go out (it was a lovely day, so we didn't really mind!). Everyone was polite and friendly, and even the security guard joked with us that we shouldn't go and spend too much money in the shopping centre in Croydon, as we'd just spent enough in Lunar House!

Thanks again to everyone for your advice and support - we couldn't have done it without you! And today is my husband's 30th birthday too, so I think we'll break out the champagne tonight!!

Claire x

meggles

Post by meggles » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:11 am

congrats! one less thing to worry about. will be now be going for citizenship?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:12 am

Congratulations Claire and husband ... but then, why not? Armed with all that evidence there was no reason for the ILR not to be granted!

So just a Citizenship Test to pass and Naturalisation to apply for. When will your husband have been legally in the UK for 3 years?
John

clairey

Post by clairey » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:33 am

Thanks John and Meggles!

He'll have been here 3 years on 23rd December this year, so factoring in the shut-down for Christmas/New Year, I think early January will be the best time to apply. However, I have to convince him to apply first! He's very proud and wants to keep his Albanian passport, so he might go down the Dual Nationality route.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:10 am

Brilliant news Clairey!!!!!!!!!!!!

British

Post by British » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:22 am

Fantastic news claiery! :-) Enjoy! And yes, citizenship next!

Use NCS so it will be a bit quicker! and then there you go... that shiny red/burgundy EU Passport in hand soon after! :D

best regards.

clairey

Post by clairey » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:23 pm

Thanks guys!! :D

limey

Post by limey » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:41 pm

Congratulations!