ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

You are My HSMP advisor.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jobi110

You are My HSMP advisor.

Post by jobi110 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:07 pm

YES I cant afford to pay any lawyer to review my case...so I need you people to have a deep look into it :)
I know it’s really boring for you to review some one else document list but I will really appreciate any help regarding my case.
Please suggest me if I can add anymore documents to make my case stringer.
Cheers

Applying from within the UK: Current Immigration status = Student

Education: Points claimed 35

Masters Degree from Bradford University, UK (Original Degree Certificate)

UK Study experience: Points Claimed 5

Student Visa copy (notarized)
Letter from Home office giving student extension.

Full UK Driving license (Just photo card - not sending paper part)
Passport copy (notarized)

Earnings: Points Claimed 20

12 months wage Slips from January 2003 – December 2003 (on company letter head + signed and stamped by accounts department)
Tax returns for 2 years covering January 2003 – December 2003 time period.
Letter from employer stating salary earned (salary certificate)

*made about 40,00 PKR (Pakistani rupees) per month which work out as £4300 per year.

English Languate
IELTS Report Overall 7.5 (Origional Certificate) obtained recently

Total points Cliamed : 80

Waiting for your response.

Mustajab

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:41 pm

You can include a covering letter.
A paper workout of your past earnings (only for those 12 months).
A list of refernces for verification (like HR/Finance)

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:30 pm

12 months wage Slips from January 2003 – December 2003
Curious to know your immigration status from January 2004 to date. Earnings between Januar 2003 - December 2003 will be considered only if you have been on a student visa since January 2004 till date.

regards

jobi110

Post by jobi110 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:53 pm

Yes..I came to UK on student visa in Jan 2004.
DiD a diploma before taking up the MAster in marketing course at Bradford. which ended december 2006 (2 years Masters).

Reshma..can you explain about covering letter? please..thanks

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:01 pm

When you apply for such an important thing, it is always good to keep a covering letter along with other docs. In that you can explain the points you claim in different sections and any special requests if any. You will be mentioning these things in the application form itself. Still I think it is good to keep a covering letter.

ash7979
Newly Registered

@Reshma

Post by ash7979 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:07 am

Hi Reshma,

firsy of all congrats to get approval from the HO for your HSMP case,I have been following your replies in all the threads and you are really very involved in answering the questions of all the ppls...Kudoes to you for your effort...

You have mentioned in one of your post abt a 3 page covering letter, do you think that HO has that much time to read your 3 page covering letter along with your application form and supporting documents, as I feel that you will write almost the same things in the covering letter, which you will write in the application form, so do you still fell that any need of this 3 page covering letter, do you not confusing HO more with more paper works...As I have seen the HSMP application form, I feel that its very well structured and in each section they have explained each and everything, so nicely and at the end of each section they ask to write the points you are claiming for particular section, so I dont think that you need to explain things in a seperate covering letter...But I like your idea about work out of your earning on a seperate paper(preferably in excel sheet) as, earning is always a area of concern and its confusing as well and has maximum points(in my case its full 45 points that makes my total tally 85)...

Still, I want to see your covering letter, so Please mail the same at ash7979@gmail.com...I am going to apply for HSMP approval in dec,2007 and I think you would be a really helpful in that:)

Thanks..

Ashish

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:48 am

Hello Ashish,
They will definitely check your covering letters.

You can see the covering letter for HSMP here...
http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/hsm ... ystem.html

Covering letter for EC can be viewed here.
http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/ec- ... -hsmp.html

If you find these links useful, please mention it here.

Thanks
paul.

maidy

Post by maidy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:48 am

Hi Jobi110, your documents are ok for approval just add up a covering letter. What are u currently doing in U.K as u have already completed ur Masters?
Maddy

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:04 am

I only include details in the covering letter that need explanation. For example, where I had been given guidance on the helpline (date, time, name, and advice given) and other "special requests". That's it.

I didn't want these important points lost in lots of detail that was just duplication of the form (eg how many points claimed in each category), I didn't expect the Case Worker would bother to read it in that case. My approach is to Keep It Simple.

But it is a matter of preference and it seems very popular to include cover letters.