ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adult dependent visa for parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abbas18
Newly Registered

Adult dependent visa for parents

Post by abbas18 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:29 pm

Dear all,

I am a naturalized British citizen living in the UK. I have parents aged 81 (father) and 71 years (mother) living in Pakistan. I have 3 other older siblings, all of them living overseas but not in the UK.

My parents last visited the UK in 2010 as a family visitor and I had sponsored them for the visit. My father however had to prove a business interest in Pakistan to ensure that the requirement for having ties in Pakistan has to be satisfied. This visa was initially rejected (due to lack of evidence of ties in Pakistan) but then subsequently allowed on appeal.

Recently my father's health has deteriorated a lot and he unable to walk without support. My mother is also quite old and does not have the capacity to take care of my father on her own. She also some medical problems such as arthritis in the knees. My father does have an income stream from this business interest and they own the house they live in. I have never had to send them money from the UK as their expenses are low this these are met by the income my father receives.

I would like to know what chances we have of success if they were to apply to adult dependent visa to come live with me in the UK. I have met the accommodation requirement in the past (when applying for their visitor visa) and I have enough income to support them. The main reason for applying is because they now need day to day care and cannot live on their own. I could arrange a carer for them but the issue in Pakistan is security and next to impossible to find anyone reliable.

If there are low chances of success then it would be useful to know what the reasons would cause it to be such and any ideas on how I could overcome those reasons?

Many thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:17 pm

It's very difficult to get the new ILE visa for adult dependants. You would be better off looking at the Surrinder Singh route.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

abbas18
Newly Registered

Post by abbas18 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:57 pm

D4109125 wrote:It's very difficult to get the new ILE visa for adult dependants. You would be better off looking at the Surrinder Singh route.
Does this not involve staying AND working in another country for 3 months? That means I will have to leave my job here and go live in another country where English is not the first language and the possibility of getting a similar job is remote.

Is there anything I can do or prove which may make the adult dependency route easier to obtain?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:26 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:27 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.