ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Need Help Please Please !!!!!!!!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pakboyy

Urgent Need Help Please Please !!!!!!!!

Post by pakboyy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:53 pm

Hello i am so confuse about switching from PSW to Tier 4 student visa Please Please help. My case is :

- As a student total period 7 year 10 months in that period i have done one year Master degree in management and rest were short diplomas.

- Psw 2 year at the moment i am on psw and will be expire after couple of months.

I really need help that can i switch from PSw to tier 4 student again or not ??

Please Please guide me i will be very thankful. thank you

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Re: Urgent Need Help Please Please !!!!!!!!

Post by Choc-Ice » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:20 pm

pakboyy wrote:Hello i am so confuse about switching from PSW to Tier 4 student visa Please Please help. My case is :

- As a student total period 7 year 10 months in that period i have done one year Master degree in management and rest were short diplomas.

- Psw 2 year at the moment i am on psw and will be expire after couple of months.

It doesn't sound like you will be able to get T4 with the little info you just listed. You can try elaborate your situation more by detailing the qualifications you have attained in the past 7yrs! That way, Gurus might be able to help you out if you stand ANY chance.
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

pakboyy

Re: Urgent Need Help Please Please !!!!!!!!

Post by pakboyy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:23 pm

i have done 6years level 3 and 4 yearly computer diplomas and one year master degree level 7.

Choc-Ice wrote:
pakboyy wrote:Hello i am so confuse about switching from PSW to Tier 4 student visa Please Please help. My case is :

It doesn't sound like you will be able to get T4 with the little info you just listed. You can try elaborate your situation more by detailing the qualifications you have attained in the past 7yrs! That way, Gurus might be able to help you out if you stand ANY chance.

pakboyy

Post by pakboyy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:26 pm

hi guru still could not get cap limit if you just guide me in simple yes or no i will be very greatfull to you, many thanks

pakboyy

Post by pakboyy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:35 pm

Studying for a master's degree

The limit will be 6 years if you are studying for a master's degree at a recognised body or at a higher education institution (HEI), following completion of an undergraduate degree where the length of that degree course was 4 or 5 academic years.

Studying for a PhD

The limit will be 8 years if you are studying for a PhD at a recognised body or at an HEI.

still could not get if someone got 1 year Master degree with 7 year level 3 an 4 yearly diplomas not under-graduate degree ?

Please help guru.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:38 pm

pakboyy wrote:hi guru still could not get cap limit if you just guide me in simple yes or no i will be very greatfull to you, many thanks
Degree cap will prevent you to study further. Therefore, switching into different category such as tier2, tier1 enterpreneur or dependant/spousal category will be wise.
For changing visa you can even go away from UK for 6 months without affecting your previously built continuous residence if you intending 10 years ILR.
REGARDS

pakboyy

Post by pakboyy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:43 pm

Guru its mean i cannot apply tier4 visa anymore but how can i go away for 6 month from uk as my visa is expiring on december 2013 and my ten years are going to complete on jan 2014, please help.

sheraz7 wrote:
pakboyy wrote:hi guru still could not get cap limit if you just guide me in simple yes or no i will be very greatfull to you, many thanks
Degree cap will prevent you to study further. Therefore, switching into different category such as tier2, tier1 enterpreneur or dependant/spousal category will be wise.
For changing visa you can even go away from UK for 6 months without affecting your previously built continuous residence if you intending 10 years ILR.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:48 pm

Going away means if you apply for a category for which you have to leave UK then.
But if thats your case then the GOOD NEWS can be for you is that you can legally apply ILR 28 days before of completing 10 years.
REGARDS

pakboyy

Post by pakboyy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:52 pm

Guru in 10 year long residency they take starting date from first visa stamp or first entry date in uk? ? Please help dear
sheraz7 wrote:Going away means if you apply for a category for which you have to leave UK then.
But if thats your case then the GOOD NEWS can be for you is that you can legally apply ILR 28 days before of completing 10 years.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:58 pm

In simplest words you can apply ILR 28 days before of the 10th years anniversary.
REGARDS

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:00 pm

pakboyy wrote:Guru in 10 year long residency they take starting date from first visa stamp or first entry date in uk? ? Please help dear
sheraz7 wrote:Going away means if you apply for a category for which you have to leave UK then.
Your 10 year start from the date you enter the country on the student VISA not the date the Visa was issued.

pakboyy

Post by pakboyy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Guru ten year anniversary mean from the date of visa stamps not entry date in uk (please correct if i am wrong) and also how can i calculate 10 year period? many many thanks Guru

sheraz7 wrote:In simplest words you can apply ILR 28 days before of the 10th years anniversary.

pakboyy

Post by pakboyy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:04 pm

ok many thanks choc-ice you people are so helpful .How can i exactly calculate my 10 year period dear?

Choc-Ice wrote:
pakboyy wrote:Guru in 10 year long residency they take starting date from first visa stamp or first entry date in uk? ? Please help dear
Your 10 year start from the date you enter the country on the student VISA not the date the Visa was issued.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:12 pm

calculate it from Date of entry
REGARDS

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:15 pm

pakboyy wrote:ok many thanks choc-ice you people are so helpful .How can i exactly calculate my 10 year period dear?

Choc-Ice wrote:
I just answered that questions, your 10yrs start from the date you arrived in the country. If you need any help, why not just list all the date in one and post it on here? That way you have more chance of getting answers period!

pakboyy

Post by pakboyy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:03 am

this is my detail of period dear :

-student visa stamp = 13/01/2004 (was on student visa till 30/11/2011)
- entry in uk = 17/01/2004

-Current PSW expire = 12/12/2013

i hope this is more clear to help me out thank you.

Choc-Ice wrote:
pakboyy wrote:ok many thanks choc-ice you people are so helpful .How can i exactly calculate my 10 year period dear?

Choc-Ice wrote:
I just answered that questions, your 10yrs start from the date you arrived in the country. If you need any help, why not just list all the date in one and post it on here? That way you have more chance of getting answers period!

pakboyy

Post by pakboyy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:19 am

Guru be honest i cannot apply for tier 1 or tier 2 due to my circumstances and i have almost 35 days gap to complete my 10 year period , is there any other way that i can just filled my 35 days gap please please guide as i am in so confuse and don't know what i have to do ,your suggestion is the last hope for me . Many many thanks ,waiting for your reply .

sheraz7 wrote:

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:10 pm

pakboyy wrote:Guru be honest i cannot apply for tier 1 or tier 2 due to my circumstances and i have almost 35 days gap to complete my 10 year period , is there any other way that i can just filled my 35 days gap please please guide as i am in so confuse and don't know what i have to do ,your suggestion is the last hope for me . Many many thanks ,waiting for your reply .

sheraz7 wrote:
Why donn't you apply for an arbitrary visa, and then vary it for 10 years long residency when your 10 years are through. You are there. No need to worry.

pakboyy

Post by pakboyy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:54 pm

hi quantum 1 ,dear what is this arbitrary visa please lightening on that i really need help and you people are awesome.

quantum1 wrote:
pakboyy wrote:Guru be honest i cannot apply for tier 1 or tier 2 due to my circumstances and i have almost 35 days gap to complete my 10 year period , is there any other way that i can just filled my 35 days gap please please guide as i am in so confuse and don't know what i have to do ,your suggestion is the last hope for me . Many many thanks ,waiting for your reply .

sheraz7 wrote:
Why donn't you apply for an arbitrary visa, and then vary it for 10 years long residency when your 10 years are through. You are there. No need to worry.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:05 pm

In this situation you will need to apply further leave to remain for a category for which you are eligible such as tier 1, tier 2, entrepreneur, spouse etc. and once you lodged the application in time then till Section 3C will be triggered which applies to undecided applications and as soon as you complete your remaining days, then you can vary that application towards 10 years ILR. Read the page 24-25.http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
REGARDS

pakboyy

Post by pakboyy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Guru you people are awesome and out of the world its really helpful my question is if i submit tier 4 and thn section 3c triggered thn i have to submit separate form for 10 year long residency? and also what about fee do i have to pay for both cases fee separately? Many Many thanks

sheraz7 wrote:In this situation you will need to apply further leave to remain for a category for which you are eligible such as tier 1, tier 2, entrepreneur, spouse etc. and once you lodged the application in time then till Section 3C will be triggered which applies to undecided applications and as soon as you complete your remaining days, then you can vary that application towards 10 years ILR. Read the page 24-25.http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Beto76
Newly Registered

Post by Beto76 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:54 pm

Level 3 and 4 are not at degree level so may not be included in the cap. But you have to show academic progression on Tier 4 to stop people building residency by being long term students. There's no arbitrary visa, but if you apply for a discretionary visa you have to have a good reason. Building residency and not being able to switch is probably not going to help.

pakboyy

Post by pakboyy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:26 am

hi beto76 could u plz explain wat is discretionary visa? many thanks
Beto76 wrote:Level 3 and 4 are not at degree level so may not be included in the cap. But you have to show academic progression on Tier 4 to stop people building residency by being long term students. There's no arbitrary visa, but if you apply for a discretionary visa you have to have a good reason. Building residency and not being able to switch is probably not going to help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:03 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.