ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

psw-dependent to tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shipras
Newly Registered

psw-dependent to tier 2 general

Post by shipras » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:46 am

Hello,

My husband is on PSW dependent at the moment. He got this visa from India but he has been working on this visa for more than 6 months in UK now. His company is ready to sponsor him for tier-2 general. My question was in order to get tier-2 general visa, will he need to go back to India or he could get it stamped from UK itself?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shipra Sharma

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:59 am

from india only.

shipras
Newly Registered

Post by shipras » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:11 pm

Thanks.. I had few more questions :)

1. I'm on PSW - primary applicant(got my visa stampted from UK)---if my husband being a psw-dependent gets his tier-2 visa (primary) stamped from India...do I also need to go to India to get tier-2 dependent visa?

And if we initially get it for 3 years.. do we need to go back to India for extension?

2. Will we be considered for ILR after completion of 5 years? Or a cooling period will be required?

3. How easy is it to switch between dependent-primary applicant? For eg. if I manage to get tier -2 general and my husband becomes my dependent for the time being... Will he still need to go to India for this stamping?

4. Can he easily switch to tier-2 as a primary applicant ?

sorry for so many questions.. we are just so confused..
Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Regards,
Shipra

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:45 am

i think this is tricky quesiton and i am not too sure about it .
but i think u might not be able to change to his dependent in country and will have to apply visa from india.. but for him to chane from tier 2 back to ur dependent in case u get an extended tier 2 as well might be possible coz he has been previously as a dependent on u..

u will be considered for ILR as long as one of u stays on tier 2 continuiosly for 5 year, or any one of u remains on any valid visa for 10 year continuos.

its easy for him to change to tier 2 if he has a valid COS

shipras
Newly Registered

psw-dependent to tier 2 general (International Labor Test)

Post by shipras » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:00 pm

Thanks you so much for your replies. So the case in which he has a valid cos and is working for a company for around 6 months in a perm role with a salary of 35 k in psw-dependent at the moment..

For changing his category to tier 2 general I know he will need to go to India but will he also need to go through ' International Labor Test' in this case as he is already employed with this company for 6 months?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Shipra Sharma

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:49 pm

since he is going to be issued with a restricted COS, he will have to undergo RLMT.
It does not matter if he has been previously employed by the company or not,
regarding the salary of 35k, only way he is exempt from RLMT is if he has salary of over 152k a year.
also please note besides undertaking the RLMT, the company is going to issue a restricted COS, which unlike unrestrcited cos can only be issued to about 20,000 in all in a year. If the company does not have an allocation of restricted cos at the moment, they will have to apply for one which is also a cumbersome process and notification of which is given on 11 of every month.

hope this helps.

shipras
Newly Registered

PSW dependent - Tier 2

Post by shipras » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Yes, this definetly helps in clarifying my doubts. Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Shipra Sharma

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:44 pm

iworker wrote: If the company does not have an allocation of restricted cos at the moment, they will have to apply for one.
Please note that sponsors don't have allocations of restricted CoSs, they have to be applied for each time.

shipras
Newly Registered

Post by shipras » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks for the info..