ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIME OUT OF UK AFTER BRITISH CITIZENSHIP.....URGENT

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

british1983
Newly Registered

TIME OUT OF UK AFTER BRITISH CITIZENSHIP.....URGENT

Post by british1983 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi,

I am a naturalized british citizen.I got my british citizenship and passport couple of months ago.I have recently got my PIO card to India and planning to go to India for long time about a year minimum.But before I go I would like to ask that for how long I can stay out of uk after british citizenship and is there any time limit on british citizens to stay out of UK??

Also I would like to know who should I inform before I move to India?do I have to inform UKBA,LOCAL COUNCIL or TAX DEPARTMENT about my plan to move to India.

Any other information you think will be relevant to me please let me know as I am moving out in the end of the month.Thanks in advance..

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:53 pm

You can live outside the UK for however long you want. It doesn't affect your citizenship.

british1983
Newly Registered

Post by british1983 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:59 pm

Thanks for your quick reply.

Can you also confirm me that do I have to inform UKBA,COUNCIL or TAX OFFICE as well before I move to india or it is not compulsory.thanks in advance.

Wehi
Newly Registered

Post by Wehi » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:16 pm

british1983 wrote:Thanks for your quick reply.

Can you also confirm me that do I have to inform UKBA,COUNCIL or TAX OFFICE as well before I move to india or it is not compulsory.thanks in advance.
You don't need to inform the UKBA. You probably do want to inform the HMRC though as you may get a tax refund for the partial year.