ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying without a CoS if it's taking too long?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mayski
Newly Registered

Applying without a CoS if it's taking too long?

Post by Mayski » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi

I'm currently on a PSW visa, switching to Tier 2 General. My current visa expires on 25 Oct 2013. My employer is currently still in the process of applying for a sponsors license. They submitted the application a couple of weeks ago and now waiting on a response.

From everything I've read, it looks like it'll take a really long time for them to get licensed then apply for an unrestricted CoS, and we might have left it far too late. What happens if my visa expires and I still don't have my CoS? Can I apply without it? Do I have any other options?

Do I have any hope, basically, or will the timescale of things completely ruin my chances of staying in the UK?

I'd appreciate any responses at all, please. Thank you.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:58 am

U might still get lucky and get the licence in time.
U can ask the employer to send UKBA a email to ask them to expidite ur process since they have a migrant worker whose visa is expiring soon, and who is a important part of the organisaiton.

u can apply without a COS with a cover letter saying that COS will follow as soon as issued by company, before ur leave expires. there are different thread on the forum in which people have done this.

or u can leave the country, ask the employer to issue u restrcited cos after carrying out rlmt, and then apply for a visa.

grif-fin

Post by grif-fin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:57 am

Hi Mayski,

Could you update us on what happened to your application? did you receive the CoS before you apply or have you applied without CoS with the cover letter?

Many Thanks, this can help us a lot!