ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

extension of tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

applicanteea2
Newly Registered

extension of tier 2 general

Post by applicanteea2 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:23 am

Hi Everyone,

There is minimal information available on the UKBA's website with regards to Tier 2 general extensions.

I am trying to establish the best possible route for my Girlfriend.

She was granted a TIER 2 General for 2 years, the application was made under the rules in place on or before 6th April 2012

The occupation code is 3421 Graphic Designer. skilled to NFQ 3 currently.

Will she qualify for an extension in 2014 ?

the next alternative to her situation is the EEA2 - as a Unmarried partner.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:48 am

she will have same rules applied to her which were applied when she first applied.
She should be fine.

applicanteea2
Newly Registered

Post by applicanteea2 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:14 pm

iworker wrote:she will have same rules applied to her which were applied when she first applied.
She should be fine.
On visting the UKBA website and viewing the profession 3421 PDF... I was not able to get information with regards to extensions -

the concerned PDF documents states- applies to extensions for existing tier 2 holders who applied before since the rules on 6 april 2011 came into force?

given that she was granted this visa in April 2012 .. I seem to have gravely confused my self.. Please shed some light if possible

Cheers