ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Longterm Visit Visa Entry/Exit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rrkabbu
Newly Registered

Longterm Visit Visa Entry/Exit

Post by rrkabbu » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Hello All

My mother-in-law got longterm family visit visa for 2 years, She has visited for 5 months and returned back to home country

1. When can she come back to visit, is there any set period before a visitor cannot return back ?

2. I have read this while filling the application, Is it true that a visitors can only stay for 6 months (either one visit or multiple) in a 12 months period ?

Thanks

rrkabbu
Newly Registered

Post by rrkabbu » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:15 pm

Adding to above post

3. The reason I am asking is I am planning to apply for ILR at the end of visit visa period, based on my UK citizenship as she is completely dependant on me. Does her frequent visits jeopordise her immigration or affect ILR visa application in any way.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:59 am

See also Visitor Guidance.

Her visits shouldn't affect your ILR application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

selva

Post by selva » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:41 am

vinny wrote:See also Visitor Guidance.

Her visits shouldn't affect your ILR application.
vinny, he is planning to apply ILR for her (not for him), as far as I know it is now bit difficult than before as total dependency will not be enough

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:49 am

Apparently very difficult indeed.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rrkabbu
Newly Registered

Post by rrkabbu » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Thanks Vinny, & Selva. A lot of information about ILR for her, very helpful.

But my question still remains outstanding, can they make multiple entry into UK and stay more than 6 months in a year.

Rakesh

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:57 am