ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse - Indefinate Leave To Remain

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

edilene1979
Newly Registered

Spouse - Indefinate Leave To Remain

Post by edilene1979 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:07 pm

Hi There, My Wife is Brazilian and we are trying to apply for her indefinate leave to remain. We were turned away from the home office twice as the people in there would not let us upstairs as we had some small mistakes on our application form. Now my wifes current Visa Runs out tomorrow and we are worried that the home office will now not let us apply anymore!
We expained to them this and they said "well you dont have much choice do you" Its a horrible way to treat someone. We are trying to follow the legal process and pay our way but it all comes down to how those people behind the desk fell on a certain day. anyway enough moaning.

Does anyone know if the Home Office can refuse to look at our application now that my wife Visa has expired? Need help , advice, similar stories please!! Thanks Y'all[/b]

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:40 pm

It is very important that your wife applies for her ILR no later than the expiry date of her current visa, which you say is tomorrow! Luckily as far as visa applications are concerned, IND accept that it is the date of posting the application that counts as the date of application, not the date of receipt, and yes they do keep the envelopes!

So post the application tomorrow! And as always with envelopes containing important documents such as passports, use Special Delivery.

Posting the application ... fee is £335 .... is of course cheaper than making an application in person ... fee £500 ... so you have actually saved £165 by being forced to go down the postal route.
John

British

Post by British » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:53 pm

Hi,

Yes, like John advised, please post it tomorrow positvely!

And one quick question: You say they found small mistakes. Can you please explain/describe what those small mistkaes were, so others can remember not to make those mistakes.

My wife is applying for ILR next week :-) and although we have completed accumulating all the relevant evidence folders, cover letters etc., it would still be good to know that we are ready for the day!

So, any bit of information will help.

Please describe waht those small mistakes were!

Thanks.

edilene1979
Newly Registered

Post by edilene1979 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:32 pm

Thanks for the help guys.
Firstly mistakes! The first time we apparently did not have enough documents so you need to bring absoultely every relevant scrap of paper you have. you will need about 2 inches of documents or they will not even let you upstairs...so again bring loads.
My Second mistake was that my signature did not match my passport...right so I made my passport years ago and my signature changed over the years..so as obvious as it sounds make sure all your signatures match...doh!!!

But now heres another issue. We could post the application tomorrow but I need my passport on Monday to Travel on a trip I cant miss.
Can i send something else instead of my passport? Probably not eh?
Is there any hope :cry: