ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travelling with leave to enter expiring on 2 April 07

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gadgets
Newly Registered

travelling with leave to enter expiring on 2 April 07

Post by gadgets » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:59 pm

I will be travelling abroad and returning to the UK on March 26, can the IO refuse my entry based on my visa expiring on 2 April 07? My company is still applying for an extension and I have not heard back yet if it has been approved.

My work permit extension was issued back in November 3 2003 and it was approved for 48 months, but the HO issued the leave to remain to expire on April 2, 2007 short changing me for 7 months. At first I thought this was no big deal coz I thought I could apply for my ILR back in November 2006 (I had two 6 months work permit prior to the 48 month extension, that would have been my fourth year), little did I know that the goal post would be moved :( . My company is confident that the work permit extension will be granted but the documents may not arrive on time as I am leaving next Friday.

My point of entry will be Birmingham which is a small airport, so I don't know if this would help.