ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statement of comparability

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cheekyvirgin

Statement of comparability

Post by cheekyvirgin » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:38 am

hi guys,

I want to apply my wife visa from pakistan as she has done her law LLB degree from pakistan which was taught in english .....but in some places UKBA guidance doucment mentions I should get the english assessment letter from NARIC and some say I should get statement of comparability . I am confused as to which document we should provide..

will the statement of comparability and original certificate help?

Please advice

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:48 am

A statement of comparability, I.e. the degree is comparable to a UK degree.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:34 pm

D4109125 wrote:A statement of comparability, I.e. the degree is comparable to a UK degree.

I heard on some forums that UKBA can also reject the statement of comparability. please comments on it whether i should get it done or not.

Its really confusing TBH.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:51 pm

A statement of comparability should also be presented with the degree certificate/transcript and proof the medium of teaching was English.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:50 pm

D4109125 wrote:A statement of comparability should also be presented with the degree certificate/transcript and proof the medium of teaching was English.
So you advice me to go for Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment by UKNARIC ?

Wouldn't be sufficient if i do the Statement of Comparability only ?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:02 pm

I meant for example, a letter from the institution saying the degree was taught in English.

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:25 pm

D4109125 wrote:I meant for example, a letter from the institution saying the degree was taught in English.
So you advice to get letter of comparibility fron Naric and a letter from university that the degree was taught in English

Thanks