ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are the chances of my Naturalization?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

navalaviator
Member of Standing

What are the chances of my Naturalization?

Post by navalaviator » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:21 am

Hi,

In the light of the following personal circumstances I just need to know that if my naturalization application would be successful and if I should apply?

Good Character Requirements in Detail

Convictions---------------NO
Cautions------------------NO
Warnings-----------------NO
Raprimands--------------NO
Arrests-------------------NO
Ongoing police investigations--------------NO
Prosecutions etc.----------------------------NO
Acquittals------------------------------------NO
Driving Offences or Convictions-----------NO
CCJ or Bankruptcy-------------------------NO
PCN(Penalty charge notice)---------------NO
FPN(Fixed Penalty Notice)-----------------NO
PND(Penalty notice for disorder)---------NO
ASBO(Anti social behaviour order)-------NO
Sex Offender's Register-------------------NO
CIVIL Orders-------------------------------NO
Hospital Orders------------------------------NO
Adverse Immigration History---------------NO
Deceptions in Previous Applications--------NO
HMRC Tax & Benefit Isuues or Fraud-------NO
Council Tax Issues---------------------------NO
Any other Illegal activities etc.--------------NO

Applying as spouse of British citizen After completing 3 years---------YES
Marriage still Subsisting----------------------------------------------------YES
Application FORM Correctly filled and signed-----------------------------YES
Referees and Photos in correct and signed certified Format-------------YES
Application FEE Provided with Correct Details-----------------------------YES
INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN---------------------------------------------YES
All Genuine Documents Applying via NCS---------------------------------YES
Sound Mind--------------------------------------------------------------YES :lol:
LIUK and B1 Test(Applying NOV 2013-------------------------------------YES
Original Passports,BRP,Marriage certificate--------------------------------YES

Any Input will be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou
Last edited by navalaviator on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

VR

Looks good!

Post by VR » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:14 am

Good Luck with your application and be careful if and when you drive till the time you apply.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:37 am

Thankyou for your reply and kind advice.I don't drive just because of these ever changing rules regarding criminality thresholds and driving offences particularly those notorious FPN'S :)

I would request moderators to put this thread as a sticky as anyone who is applying for the citizenship can simply evaluate their application against the above template of requirements for a citizenship as the above can be used as a template to assess and analyze a prospective application whether it stands a chance to be a successful or need to delay applying if the evaluation against the above rules suggest a possibility of refusal.

Basically its just an attempt to streamline application process with an answer after completing the above questionnaire as almost every application for naturalization has to meet the above(apart from type and qualifying residential period)

Thankyou
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:14 am

See the Good Character FAQ for accurate guidance (click)

There are a number of inaccuracies in your post, for example, a marriage need not be subsisting and all the 'criminality' information is not a no, there are periods when the convictions won't count, an ASBO won't fall under criminality unless breached etc......
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:31 pm

I understand your point Amber regarding this post as it can NOT be used as a template to evaluate an application's criminality perspective as it differs from person to person and its lot more complex then what I have proposed above thank you :)

D4109125 wrote:There are a number of inaccuracies in your post, for example, a marriage need not be subsisting and all the 'criminality' information is not a no, there are periods when the convictions won't count, an ASBO won't fall under criminality unless breached etc......

Didn't understand this bit of your reply would you be able to elaborate it in a bit more detail as I don't know if you are referring to my application?and also what are the chances of my application being successful in the light of my above explained circumstances?

Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Not for you, I meant that for convictions after a certain period they should not result in an automatic refusal, I.e. after 3 years has lapsed since receiving a non custodial sentence so even if you ticked yes, it would mean you'd be refused.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mealos

Post by mealos » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Only risks (if they should be called risks anyways) could be either being outside UK on the first day of the qualifying period count and a having past that involves any criminal or terrorism supporting activity in your homeland or previous country of residence.

Rather than that I see no chances of refusal according to my knowledge..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:02 pm

Good character actually amounts to more than criminality and terrorism. See the Good Character FAQ (click)

mealos

Post by mealos » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:54 pm

D4109125 wrote:Good character actually amounts to more than criminality and terrorism. See the Good Character FAQ (click)

Thanks Amber, what I mentioned was only 2 outstanding potential risks that Navalaviator has not preliminarily eliminated in his original post such as fixed penalty notices, tax arrears etc.

Other than that your informing post in the link was a source that everyone here has looked at before once or twice, thanks for that!

He seems to be clear as crystal yet needs to be assured as most of us here. I have even contacted the council of the city I previously lived to make sure I have no council tax etc left unpaid (turned out I have left a £23.00 behind me and cleared that out so now I am white as a bloody snow flake)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:05 pm

mealos wrote:
D4109125 wrote:Good character actually amounts to more than criminality and terrorism. See the Good Character FAQ (click)

Thanks Amber, what I mentioned was only 2 outstanding potential risks that Navalaviator has not preliminarily eliminated in his original post such as fixed penalty notices, tax arrears etc.

Other than that your informing post in the link was a source that everyone here has looked at before once or twice, thanks for that!

He seems to be clear as crystal yet needs to be assured as most of us here. I have even contacted the council of the city I previously lived to make sure I have no council tax etc left unpaid (turned out I have left a £23.00 behind me and cleared that out so now I am white as a bloody snow flake)
Haha, yes, though bizarrely those who need to worry often don't and then wonder why they've been rejected.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:38 pm

mealos wrote:

Thankyou for bringing my attention to your points but I have mentioned in my first post that I do not have any Tax arrears or Fixed penalty issues as I am not Self-employed so don't have to worry about tax arrears etc. plus don't have any benefit issues etc with HMRC as not claiming anything(I know I can claim without affecting citizenship) and I don't drive so don't have any infamous Fixed penalty issues etc. whatsoever. :D

And I am a good boy all around and don't have any criminal or violent past in home country whatsoever either so nothing to worry about on that side of the things. :D

Paying council tax through direct debt with no arrears etc. :)

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: What are the chances of my Naturalization?

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:54 pm

Applying as spouse ..... After completing 3 years---------YES

Marriage still Subsisting----------------------------------------------------YES

Sound Mind--------------------------------------------------------------YES :lol:

Thankyou
Congratulations. I thought those three contradicted each other.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: What are the chances of my Naturalization?

Post by navalaviator » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:00 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:

Applying as spouse ..... After completing 3 years---------YES

Thankyou
Congratulations. I thought those three contradicted each other.

Haha LMHO :lol: Well you are right as these 3 years and particularly the 2 years on spouse visa are definitely like walking on a rope with a balancing rod in both hands to avoid falling and going into the sheer depth,you just do one wrong move or 'fall asleep' and you are screwed :twisted: and I just managed to do it successfully somehow and crossed the rope despite of strong cross winds and storms hehe :D and have seen some others who were blown off the rope and disappeared into the blind depths while attempting to do the same but they got distracted lost focus and ended up in the sheer fall and couldn't make it to the other end.

YES you are 100% right that after 3 years and still married and on top of it a sound mind is definitely an eccentric and rare combination :lol: :twisted:

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:31 am

Please continue in your other thread.