ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

why is my non EU wifes GNIB stamp 4 only renewed for 1 year?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bazzare
Newly Registered

why is my non EU wifes GNIB stamp 4 only renewed for 1 year?

Post by bazzare » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:43 am

Im an Irish citizen and my wife is from Thailand.

She came to ireland last year and has been living and working in Dublin for a year.

Yesterday we went to INIS to renew her GNIB card which was due to expire in a few weeks.

On renewing her card and visa I was expecting them to give her 3 or more years, but they just gave her another GNIB card and another re-entry visa thats only valid for just 1 year.

I thought that once the first year had elapsed that she would a new GNIB card for upto 5 years...

why are they renewing for such a short time ?

Also why oh why cant they give her the re-entry visa at the same time as they do the new GNIB card.. it just makes no sense to have to queue up twice when they could make it much easier for everybody

paddy12
Newly Registered

Re: why is my non EU wifes GNIB stamp 4 only renewed for 1 y

Post by paddy12 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:32 pm

i think that is the rule for irish suppose according to my knowledge they will issue her for three year next year. it actually work out like for first two years 1 year and after two years for three years. i know many people who are in this situation and for all of them its the same
and in relation to re-entry visa like you no one knows why they dnt issue at the same time, according to me inis dnt give anything easily so that's the only reason they dnt issue re-entry visa at the same time or may be they want to show their importance :lol:

courny

Post by courny » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:04 pm

its 2 different departments technically speaking.
GNIB and the Visa section.
it would be ideal to have them merged, but it think theres some hurdles in between.
that said. its retarded.

Diomond

Re: why is my non EU wifes GNIB stamp 4 only renewed for 1 y

Post by Diomond » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:35 pm

bazzare wrote:Im an Irish citizen and my wife is from Thailand.

She came to ireland last year and has been living and working in Dublin for a year.

Yesterday we went to INIS to renew her GNIB card which was due to expire in a few weeks.

On renewing her card and visa I was expecting them to give her 3 or more years, but they just gave her another GNIB card and another re-entry visa thats only valid for just 1 year.

I thought that once the first year had elapsed that she would a new GNIB card for upto 5 years...

why are they renewing for such a short time ?

Also why oh why cant they give her the re-entry visa at the same time as they do the new GNIB card.. it just makes no sense to have to queue up twice when they could make it much easier for everybody
Might be her passport is valid for a year thats why they only issued for a year, check her passport expiry and post back