ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help regarding entry stamp!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Help regarding entry stamp!

Post by Jellybean105 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi there

We have finally arrived in Ireland but there was no border control when we got off the ferry in Dublin. We tried to ask where the immigration office is but ended up going to INIS office which is closed due to works!

Please can someone advise where to go to get an entry stamp for my husband who is a non-eu citizen. I want to get an entry stamp before we apply for a resident card. Also, I wanted to register him with garda.

Please can someone help. Thanks!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:19 pm

just keep the boarding pass and ferry ticket proof as you arrived this date.there is no need to panic,once you have all the documents with you applied for eu treaty right. www.inis.gov.ie

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Thank you for your reply. Can I apply for the resident card for him straight away? I have been in Ireland since Feb and i am self-employed. As long as I can fulfil the requirements of the eu1 form I should be fine right?

I just thought it would be better to get an entry stamp.

Thanks

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Just to mention that he is a visa required national but we came here without a visa as I was travelling with him.

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:13 pm

hi :lol: good to hear that you jumped the que of getting the visa and already in Ireland .
in theory it does not matter that your non eu spouse enter and you apply the residence card .
but in practice how it works may be some other member can share their experience.
but I think you will be ok .as eu citizen if you have right to stay so do your spouse.

Diomond

Re: Help regarding entry stamp!

Post by Diomond » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Jellybean105 wrote:Hi there

We have finally arrived in Ireland but there was no border control when we got off the ferry in Dublin. We tried to ask where the immigration office is but ended up going to INIS office which is closed due to works!

Please can someone advise where to go to get an entry stamp for my husband who is a non-eu citizen. I want to get an entry stamp before we apply for a resident card. Also, I wanted to register him with garda.

Please can someone help. Thanks!
As a family member of an eu national he is not supposed to get an entry stamp, Just apply for a residence card when u ready good luck

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi Diomond

Thank you for clarifying that. So all I need to do is register with garda to get a GNIB card?

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:58 am

Jellybean105 wrote:Just to mention that he is a visa required national but we came here without a visa as I was travelling with him.
I am from visa required country but my wife is an EU citizen. Please give me information how did the authority allow you on board without visa? which country are you from? and what documents you have presented to border ? please advise me.

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am

Jellybean105 wrote:Just to mention that he is a visa required national but we came here without a visa as I was travelling with him.
Hi
My wife is EU citizen and our 4 children are EU citizens as well, one of them is Irish citizen. I am waiting for my visa nearly 4 months and there is no decision yet. therefor I need to know in case if I will be travelling with my family showing all necessary documents (marriage certificate and childrens' birth certificates appostilled and translated) to authorities, would I be allowed either on board or in irish border?
thanks

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:40 am

Hi Zaza

We went via Hollyhead in a car ferry, they have less border control. We showed all of our driving licenses. My husband is a pakistani and I'm British. We didn't have any trouble getting on board or on the ferry. They ask for ID to board the ferry so I advise you not to show your passport, maybe a national card or driving license.
On the Irish side there is no control, you just leave the ferry and exit. Keep all your documents with you just in case they do question you.

I also went to garda and although they were really rude and kept saying hes illegal I kept to my point that I'm exercising my EU treaty rights and in the end he said apply through the EU1 form and whateva decision they make, then come to garda.

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Jellybean105 wrote:Hi Zaza

We went via Hollyhead in a car ferry, they have less border control. We showed all of our driving licenses. My husband is a pakistani and I'm British. We didn't have any trouble getting on board or on the ferry. They ask for ID to board the ferry so I advise you not to show your passport, maybe a national card or driving license.
On the Irish side there is no control, you just leave the ferry and exit. Keep all your documents with you just in case they do question you.

I also went to garda and although they were really rude and kept saying hes illegal I kept to my point that I'm exercising my EU treaty rights and in the end he said apply through the EU1 form and whateva decision they make, then come to garda.
Thanks very much

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Jellybean105 wrote:Hi Diomond

Thank you for clarifying that. So all I need to do is register with garda to get a GNIB card?
You need to start excercising your treaty rights, once u doing tht apply to eu treaty rights on eu1 form, in a month or so they will send u ack.letter then you can go and register with garda, untill eu treat rights they dont give u any answer garda would not register u,

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:51 pm

hi what capacity you exercising treaty rights you mention you are self employed in other post .we are coming to Ireland on September 5th .I just want to know whats the easy way to register as self employed sole trader cant find info .are you registered as sole trader or did you register company please tell cost process and pps number nneded or not thanks

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:00 am

Hi Sierra

I am applying as self employed. You (eu citizen) need to get a pps number. if you are going Dublin, the social welfare office is on Parnell street.
As I mentioned before you can register your company (or if you don't want to register a name you can use your own name). It cost me 40 euros. The registration office is in central.

For Eu1 form you will need to show you are registered with revenue. You have to fill in a tax registration form (found on their site). You will also need to have sales and invoices of the last 6 months and bank statements for the last 6 months.

I suggest if you can get a job it is much easier than being aelf employed but its up to you.

If you need any more help let me know.