ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Refused But Reason Documents were submitted

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

million111

Application Refused But Reason Documents were submitted

Post by million111 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:13 pm

I got my application refused with right to appeal. Reasons that EEA national not a qualified person. They said I've submitted incomplete self employment documents. Stated no evidence of payments to HMRC ,no letter confirming registration and bank statements showing payments but I made them available to HO. They saw online printout of self assessment registration and accountant letter. They didn't say anything about the original documents I submitted on the 20/06/13

I made an application for Residence Card EEA2 as a non-EEA national family member(Husband) of an EEA national.

My wife's self employment documents were sent as follows:

1, Online confirmation of self assessment registration printout and accountant letter went with the application on 22/01/13 .

2,Letter from HMRC confirming registration of self assessment ,HMRC request for payment of Class 2NI and statement of joint account showing payment of Class 2 NI from Sept 2012 to April 2013, statement of account showing income and payments and letter from HMRC requesting for completion of Tax Return. All these Documents (2) were not returned to me so I doubt if they saw them.

App sent:22/01/13
Received:23/01/13
COA received:22/02/13(dated 15/02/13) no work permitted.
More self employment documents 20/06/13.
App Refused:09/08/13
Your advice on what to do is highly required Please. As they documents they mentioned is still with them.
Last edited by million111 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Victoriajam

Post by Victoriajam » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:23 pm

I am not an expert on self-employment documents but is seems the second set of documents were not received by HO, hence not considered.
Do you have a receipt that the documents definitely arrived at the HO?
Did you mention you case ID when you sent them?
Quite possibly, they never made it into your file.
In which case you could ask for a reconsideration mentioning that you have indeed provided the required documents (again I dont know how that works) or appeal.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:31 pm

Your documents regarding self employment seems quite reasonable and therefore, appeal will be better. Perhaps due to UKBA office move/address your additionally sent documents were not seen. If you got further documents then you can present it too in appeal.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:42 pm

You can also send additional evidence before an appeal and ask for a reconsideration.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

million111

Post by million111 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:51 pm

@Victoriajam. They confirmed that the documents were received in june2013 when I rang them.

Amebo
- thin ice -

Re: Application Refused But Reason Documents were submitted

Post by Amebo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:54 pm

million111 wrote:I got my application refused with right to appeal. Reasons that EEA national not a qualified person. They said I've submitted incomplete self employment documents. Stated no evidence of payments to HMRC ,no letter confirming registration and bank statements showing payments but I made them available to HO. They saw online printout of self assessment registration and accountant letter. They didn't say anything about the original documents I submitted on the 20/06/13

I made an application for Residence Card EEA2 as a non-EEA national family member(Husband) of an EEA national.

My wife's self employment documents were sent as follows:

1, Online confirmation of self assessment registration printout and accountant letter went with the application on 22/01/13 .

2,Letter from HMRC confirming registration of self assessment ,HMRC request for payment of Class 2NI and statement of joint account showing payment of Class 2 NI from Sept 2012 to April 2013, statement of account showing income and payments and letter from HMRC requesting for completion of Tax Return. All these Documents (2) were not returned to me so I doubt if they saw it.

App sent:22/01/13
Received:23/01/13
COA received:22/02/13(dated 15/02/13) no work permitted.
More self employment documents 20/06/13.

Your advice on what to do is highly required Please. As they documents they mentioned is still with them.

Do you have the coppies of the last documents that was sent, I have seen guys with similar situation, they where granted their PR's after resending the coppies of the correct documents and a n explanation letter to follow,

Pls Appeal and Re-apply with a cover letter and keep praying for good news.

Hope this helps
LET YOUR WILL BE DONE, OH LORD

million111

Post by million111 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:54 pm

@sheraz7 They're still having the original doc.
Do you think its better to call them. Its more than 6 months of application and this mistake now. I would like the fastest means.

million111

Post by million111 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:57 pm

@Amebo Yes I do have them but don't have the HMRC registration confirmation letter forgot to copy it. I still have the recorded delivery number.
Please how did they contact them?

million111

Post by million111 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:00 pm

@D4109125 How is the request for reconsideration done.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:20 pm

million111 wrote:@sheraz7 They're still having the original doc.
Do you think its better to call them. Its more than 6 months of application and this mistake now. I would like the fastest means.
No need to call them rather use your right of appeal. If you have sent additional documents through special delivery then can add its receipt too.
REGARDS

million111

Post by million111 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:26 pm

@sheraz7 do u know hw long appeal takes

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:29 pm

million111 wrote:@sheraz7 do u know hw long appeal takes
Read this thread where you can get appeal timeline and member experiences:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 2+timeline
REGARDS

macpie
Newly Registered

Post by macpie » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:59 pm

million111 wrote:@Victoriajam. They confirmed that the documents were received in june2013 when I rang them.
Hi million111, what number did you use when contacting HO? I called as well to find out if my additional documents had been received but my call was disconnected after automated message referring me to the Home Office website.