ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOW LONG TO MEDICALS

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peterj
Newly Registered

HOW LONG TO MEDICALS

Post by peterj » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:58 pm

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW LONG IT TAKES TO BE SENT FOR A MEDICAL?
WE APPLIED FOR IMMIGRATION IN NOVEMBER 2004,WE SENT OUR REVISED DOCUMENTS AND POLICE CHECKS ON THE 2 JAN 2007 WHICH WERE REQUESTED BY CIC LONDON IN NOVEMBER 2006 AND AS YET NOT HEARD ANYTHING.
IT IS NOW 9 WEEKS SINCE WE SENT PAPERS CAN ANYONE ENLIGHTEN US?

MANY THANKS

PETERJ

mal
Newly Registered

Post by mal » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:27 pm

Hey Peterj
From reading other message boards it looks like November 04 applications are currently being looked at by cic London.Hopefully it won't be too long before you hear...Have you considered getting your caips notes?
I was getting increasingly frustrated by the lack of correspondence (I'm Sept 04 applicant) so i got my caips. It was useful as it showed that I've passed the points test and paper screening (relief) but they are waiting for a couple of documents before sending out the meds request.
caips are useful as they can tell you information about your application and where it stands (or if its even been looked out).If cic are evaluating your application in the way you want them too. I'm glad i got them as the element of not knowing is unbearable.
good luck

sia2001

Post by sia2001 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:38 pm

can you please enlighten on caips. what is it and how can i get it? i applied in Oct 05 at London. many thanks.

mal
Newly Registered

Post by mal » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:01 pm

CAIPS is a computer assisted immigration programme.cant remember what the s stands for!
Basically, it is the record that cic have on you and your points on the 6 selection factors. It is useful after you've had in initial assessment as it will give you notes on your particular case made by your immigration officer.Getting it before initial assessment is useless as it'll be filled with zero's.
It's also handy if you've been called for an interview as it could give you an idea of why.
I used www.caipsnotes.com
It took 5 weeks to come through and cost about $25 dollars.
I'm not sure whether it'd be useful for you yet as i doubt they've looked that far ahead if you're oct 05. They seem to be finishing up with 04 applications. Maybe order them in a few months-up to you.

the wait continues...

newuser
Newly Registered

Post by newuser » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:13 am

s is for system....heh

tariqyousaf64
Newly Registered

Post by tariqyousaf64 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:01 pm

Dear PeterJ,

Have your had any further contact with CIC/London yet ?

Regards TY

maple leaf

Re: wait for medicals

Post by maple leaf » Sun May 27, 2007 9:24 am

Good luckand don't lose heart but hope this helps ?[/quote]

I like the way you are thinking :D

peterj
Newly Registered

no reply

Post by peterj » Tue May 29, 2007 7:23 pm

Hi everyone,

Still no medicals and it's now 5 MONTHS since we sent all the updated documents in to the London office. God only knows whats taking them so long but I guess this is typical of any Gov department which does not help our frustrations especially when our friends where exactly 2 months ahead of us on every request and have had their meds and got visas and leave at end of July so much for cronological order. Can anyone shed some light on the situation HELP were going insane.

Here's hoping

Peterjjavascript:emoticon(':roll:')
Rolling Eyes

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed May 30, 2007 2:25 pm

Peter:

You can send CIC London an email to enquire about the status of your application. They would normally reply within two weeks.

Patience and you would hear from them. :roll:
Praise The Lord!!!!