ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non acquisition of british citizenship letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RatMonkey
Newly Registered

Non acquisition of british citizenship letter

Post by RatMonkey » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:58 am

I have applied for this so I don't lose my SA citizenship and it's been 1 month since they took the 94 pound fee. I have still not received anything.

It says it takes 10 days so I was wondering if this is normal and how long others have waited and is there anyway to contact them?

Thanks

VR

Are you talking of an Adult British Passport?

Post by VR » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:44 am

Ratmonkey,

I believe you have applied for your British Passport on the basis of the 94Pound fees you mention.

Have you booked your appointment? Normally it should happen fast once this is done.

Call Passport Adviceline (Passport customer service)
Telephone: 0300 222 0000

Keep the Bar code number of your application/receipt on hand when you call them.

If it is something else you talk of please update your post and we will see what can be done.
cheers
vr

RatMonkey
Newly Registered

Post by RatMonkey » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:55 am

This is the letter I'm referring to. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... t-british/ I have not yet applied for citizenship.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:26 am

Write a letter to the same place you sent the application asking for an update.

VR, the OP wants proof he's not British, as he's not British, he can't have a British Passport.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

VR

Thanks for correcting me

Post by VR » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:35 am

Amber,

Thanks and Best Rgds
VR

RatMonkey
Newly Registered

Post by RatMonkey » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:51 pm

I have written a letter and not received any response. What would be the next step? This has delayed my citizenship application by a month now.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:33 pm

Ask your MP to help.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

RatMonkey
Newly Registered

Post by RatMonkey » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:26 pm

Ok I have now discovered this thread. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ece3d29d74

"To elaborate further, I'm actually waiting at the moment to receive a confirmation of non-acquisition of UK citizenship, which I need BEFORE I attend my citizenship ceremony in order to retain my SA citizenship. Real headache. Once I have this, I'll arrange for my citizenship ceremony and then fire off my UK passport application ASAP. "

It seems from the above quote that I can actually apply for the citizenship before receiving the letter of non acquisition of citizenship. I just must ensure I provide the letter to the South Africans and complete the process before attending the ceremony.

This does not solve the issue of the letter taking 7 weeks, but it means I'm not delaying my citizenship application.
It would be great if someone could confirm.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:54 pm

To reduce risk, I would wait until you get the letter. I'm not sure what the HO would write in case your case has been approved (even before attending the ceremony). The last thing you want is for the HO to confirm you actually holds BC....

RatMonkey
Newly Registered

Post by RatMonkey » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Ok yes I agree that would be a disaster. I'm trying to contact my MP now with regards to the letter. I still have some time until 28 October deadline. Thanks

kingkas5
Newly Registered

Re: Non acquisition of british citizenship letter

Post by kingkas5 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi,
Please can someone advise me on this,
I applied for british citizenship last year September and just received a letter saying that it takes 6 more months for them to make decision. my current passport (Sri Lankan) expires in April and I have to travel to sri lanka in May. Sri Lankan embassy wouldn't issue me a new passport without Non acquisition letter. Can I still ask for a non acquisition letter from home although I have applied for citizenship? or can they reject it and I lose £85.00? Applying doesn't mean that I'm a british citizen? what is my way to travel in May? Please advise.

xbgy
Newly Registered

Post by xbgy » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:34 pm

hi, Kingkas5,

What was the outcome of your NQ application? Did HO grant your applicatiopn or rejected it?

And, did you get your Sri Lanka passport in the end?

I am in a similair situation hence I am interested.

Thanks.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:50 am

kingkas5 has not visited the forum since he made that post, over 1 year ago :?