ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - Private health insurance.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zabeth
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit - Private health insurance.

Post by Zabeth » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:31 pm

Hello,

I have been reading through this website since a few weeks, it was very helpful, but I am still very uncertain about a few points.

I am a French national and have been residing in England, as a student, since october 2012. I have applied to, and received a registration card a few months back.
For that purpose, the UKBA also requires a Comprehensive Health Insurance for the Registration Card, because of my student status. Since I had my EHIC, I provided it with a letter mentioning that I intend to stay permanently in the UK and that I will provide Private Health Insurance policy before the EHIC expires in September 2013.

My partner and I have planned that he joins me as soon as possible, applying to a Family Permit and subsequently to the other EEA route applications. (He is a non-EEA national living with a student visa in France, and we have a civil partnership -French PACS- since a few years).

My question concerns my options regarding CSI:

I have subscribed to WPA XS three days ago, but they require a letter from the GP's surgery showing that I have been registered with them for 6 months at least.
-problem: I called the Health Centre, they said that it would take about three weeks (and £20) for them to send me such a letter.

Since I can't wait all that time, I guess I have three options:

-Either I spend some £200 to go back to my former Uni and try to speed up the process...if possible.

-Either I find another Private Health Insurance. => Do you know any Private Health insurance that wouldn't require these 6 months of registration with a GP?

-Either I apply for a French Health Insurance, that covers me in England (CFE = Caisse des Français à l'Etranger).
But then I don't know if the UKBA would accept it (even if it looks quite comprehensive), nor if that would be a problem that it is French. Because I have already stated in my Registration Card application that it is my intention to stay permanently, and that I would buy a UK Private Health plan. And it is my understanding that if I provide a French policy, this might clash with our wish to stay permanently.

I would be very grateful if you could give me any thoughts on that.

Kind Regards.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:36 pm

Private health insurance run along with NHS and therefore, registration with GP is always mandatory although the requirement regarding the length of being registered with GP varies from one insurance provider to another. If you cannot buy the health insurance from UK then certainly if you have French health insurance plan which covers you in majority of circumstances then should be fine.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Zabeth
Newly Registered

Post by Zabeth » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.

-If I provide the EHIC, do I have no other choice than stating in the letter that I want to stay temporarily?

Eventually, we would like to obtain a permanent residence card. How does the former declarations affect that? If I have stated in the EEA Registration cardthat I intend to stay permanently, and in my partner's family permit application and later in the residence card application, that we intend to stay temporarily, does it make a difference?
Shall I imperatively say I wish permanent residence from the beginning? (which was my first move).

I would like to clarify that these declarations won't clash for acceptance at any level of our successive EEA applications (family permit, residence card, permanent residence).

-Besides, my EHIC card is expiring this september 2013. Shall I wait that I receive a new one in a couple of weeks or can I start the Family permit application right now by providing the one I have and declaring in a cover letter that I will soon have a new one?

-Final question: If ever I get any exclusions on my policy with WPA XS, would that be a reason for refusal from the UKBA?

Best Regards,

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:41 pm

In your 1st post you mentioned that you have EEA registration Card (EEA1) then in that case I do not thing that you will need to show again for supplying the evidences of your treaty rights in order to support Non-EU national application. And I do not think that declaring intentions are temporary/permanent can affect because these are changeable but for future (after 5 years) you will need to possess the private health insurance if you continued to be student otherwise not if become worker/self employed.
REGARDS

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Zabeth wrote:
-Final question: If ever I get any exclusions on my policy with WPA XS, would that be a reason for refusal from the UKBA?

Best Regards,
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#882710
REGARDS

Zabeth
Newly Registered

Post by Zabeth » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Many thanks again!

So you recommend that I only provide my registration card as supplying documents to support my partner's FP application? No need to provide any further proof that I still live here according treaty rights?
(reminder: with my registration card application, I provided a university letter that stated I'm a student until June 2013. In September 2013 I will be a student in another university, I have received an unconditional offer via email.)

KR

Zabeth
Newly Registered

Post by Zabeth » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:10 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
Zabeth wrote:

Best Regards,
Indeed, I had read about that.
However, I was meaning further exclusions relating pre-existing conditions.. (which I don't think the link you gave mentioned).
WPA has required full details on my health, and states that, accordingly, they will send me back the policy documents with or without further exclusions (I guess for example, if they consider they should exclude any treatment/screening related to cancer, because a couple of my relatives suffered from cancer)
Last edited by Zabeth on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:10 pm

I am not 100% sure that if an EEA national holds EEA1 registration certificate then he/she does not need to show treaty rights evidences at EEA family permit stage which is 100% certain in EEA2 residence card application. Therefore, in my opinion attaching the evidences which you used for obtaining EEA1 registration certificate and the EEA1 registration certificate would be wise. You can get checklist of documents for EEA fp here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... permit.pdf
REGARDS

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Zabeth wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:
Zabeth wrote:

Best Regards,
However, I was meaning further exclusions relating pre-existing conditions.. (which I don't think the link you gave mentioned).
WPA has required full details on my health, and states that, accordingly, they will send me back the policy documents with or without further exclusions (I guess for example, if they consider they should exclude any treatment/screening related to cancer, because a couple of my relatives suffered from cancer)
Almost every private health insurance policy exclude the pre-existing/chronic diseases at the join of policy and some providers with the passage of time start to provider cover for these. However, if your policy covers in majority of circumstances then it should be fine. Normally two methods every insurance providers use such as full medical underwriting and moratorium. Moratorium is a simple method in which you do not need to disclose your family/previous medical history whereas the full medical underwriting requires a lengthy examination.
Avoid the policy such as top ups, cash benefits etc.
REGARDS

Zabeth
Newly Registered

Post by Zabeth » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks.

Oh and, about that, any thoughts? :

"-Besides, my EHIC card is expiring this september 2013. Shall I wait that I receive a new one in a couple of weeks or can I start the Family permit application right now by providing the one I have and declaring in a cover letter that I will soon have a new one?"

I would like to try and apply now, which means I would provide my ending EHIC with cover letter stating that I am renewing it.. + the copy of my university offer letter sent to me online.
Is it suicidal? Should I wait another couple of weeks to receive the Health insurance policy, and original offer letter?

Zabeth
Newly Registered

Post by Zabeth » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:40 am

sheraz7 wrote:
Zabeth wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:
Zabeth wrote:

Best Regards,
Almost every private health insurance policy exclude the pre-existing/chronic diseases at the join of policy and some providers with the passage of time start to provider cover for these. However, if your policy covers in majority of circumstances then it should be fine. Normally two methods every insurance providers use such as full medical underwriting and moratorium. Moratorium is a simple method in which you do not need to disclose your family/previous medical history whereas the full medical underwriting requires a lengthy examination.
Avoid the policy such as top ups, cash benefits etc.
I understand that. I would like to know if the UKBA would refuse the insurance because someone has pre-existing conditions or chronic disease, and then ask for a more comprehensive cover because of that.