ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with visitors visa ?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tolu34
Newly Registered

Help with visitors visa ?

Post by tolu34 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:19 pm

I am a Belgium citizen living in belgium and my husband has the Nigeria nationality, but with a permanent staying permits here in Belgium, we are legally married;

Now we would love to visit London for a weekend, do my husband need a visa or an EEA family permits ? who can explain it better to me pls ?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Help with visitors visa ?

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:29 pm

tolu34 wrote:I am a Belgium citizen living in belgium and my husband has the Nigeria nationality, but with a permanent staying permits here in Belgium, we are legally married;

Now we would love to visit London for a weekend, do my husband need a visa or an EEA family permits ? who can explain it better to me pls ?
not 100% sure but your husband need visa

check here

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/tr ... eu-family/

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Help with visitors visa ?

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:18 pm

tolu34 wrote:I am a Belgium citizen living in belgium and my husband has the Nigeria nationality, but with a permanent staying permits here in Belgium, we are legally married;

You will be expected to obtain a family permit. The process should be pretty straight-forward. In order to obtain visa, biometrics would need to be submitted. UKBA website is not behaving just now, but it appears that there is a mobile biometric service available in Belgium.