ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to Tier 1 - qualifying period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaushal101
Newly Registered

WP to Tier 1 - qualifying period

Post by kaushal101 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi,

I arrived in the UK on WP on 20.Jul.2008.

I got my Tier 1 on 3.Nov.2008.

Now I've completed 5 yrs, 1 month in total (3.5 months on WP & remaining period on Tier 1).

My question is, can I consider this 5 yrs as my qualifying period (WP + Tier 1) and apply for the ILR immediately?

Or do I have to wait for 5 yrs to complete in Tier 1 (28 days before 3.Nov.2013) to apply for ILR?

I tried to find clarification to this question on home office website & Set(O) guide, but couldn't find this specifically mentioned anywhere.

Any help genuinely appreciated.

K

Subbarao

Re: WP to Tier 1 - qualifying period

Post by Subbarao » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am

kaushal101 wrote:Hi,

I arrived in the UK on WP on 20.Jul.2008.

I got my Tier 1 on 3.Nov.2008.

Now I've completed 5 yrs, 1 month in total (3.5 months on WP & remaining period on Tier 1).

My question is, can I consider this 5 yrs as my qualifying period (WP + Tier 1) and apply for the ILR immediately?

Or do I have to wait for 5 yrs to complete in Tier 1 (28 days before 3.Nov.2013) to apply for ILR?

I tried to find clarification to this question on home office website & Set(O) guide, but couldn't find this specifically mentioned anywhere.

Any help genuinely appreciated.

K
You can use your WP+Tier1 stay for your ILR. please read the "calculation of 5 years continuous stay" pdf. you can clarify your questions by yourself.

itsprithvi
Newly Registered

Post by itsprithvi » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:25 am

You could check below UKBA website links that confirms combination of WP & Tier 1 is allowed.

under 245CD for Requirements for indefinite leave to remain

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/