ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Translation and legalization of the the Birth certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

the hurricane

Translation and legalization of the the Birth certificate

Post by the hurricane » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:09 am

Hello fellow,

My friend is an EU national , and wants to apply for the Irish visa for his third country family members. He has a birth certificate in French issued non EU country. So, he is wondering if the Irish embassy does require the document to be translated in English and legalized with apostille stamp? Does any of you have an experience with that?

Your feedback about your experience is much appreciated!!!

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Re: Translation and legalization of the the Birth certificat

Post by zaza7625 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:38 am

the hurricane wrote:Hello fellow,

My friend is an EU national , and wants to apply for the Irish visa for his third country family members. He has a birth certificate in French issued non EU country. So, he is wondering if the Irish embassy does require the document to be translated in English and legalized with apostille stamp? Does any of you have an experience with that?

Your feedback about your experience is much appreciated!!!
Hi.
Irish embassy requires appostille and translation in English. I had a same point and I had to translate and appostilled all documents as for birth certificates and marriage certificates.

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:09 am

I'm pretty much in the same situation..

We have a marriage certificate from Brazil in Portuguese, translated into English by a sworn public translator in Sao Paulo.

We never got an apostille for it, as we didn't need it for the UK application back then..

Do we need it now for an application via EU1 in Ireland?

Thanks

exam

Post by exam » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:50 am

Hi All:

Dublin City University language services department provides translation services, like other professional organizations.

http://dculs.dcu.ie/

They also issue a letter stating that the translation is correct, etc. Further more you can get it attested from a Solicitor.

I would not recommend a translation from back home or from a third country.

All the best

Exam