ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA national allowed absence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zheni

EEA national allowed absence

Post by zheni » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:25 am

My friend recently applied for naturalisation and is now a bit worried. I was wondering if anyone here might be able to help.

She is an EEA national and applied for naturalisation one year after obtaining PR card. Enclosed with the application were the PR card, 12 pay slips for the year covering PR and contract of employment. I think this was all she submitted.

1. Am I correct thinking that there is no need to submit evidence for the 5 years prior to PR?

2. She is now worried as there is a discrepancy between the allowed absences for PR and naturalisation, 6 months and 90 days respectively. She thinks that she should have submitted evidence for the previous five years proving she was not out of the UK for more than 90 days. I think this is irrelevant because UKBA assess the last year covering PR as PR is the basis of the application. Am I correct?

Many thanks.