ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Future ILR(LR) application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

die_hard

Future ILR(LR) application

Post by die_hard » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:47 pm

Hi All senior members/moderators,

I have been following this forum for long time but have recently joined.

I have a question for you as you are senior and most experienced member on this forum.

I will be eligible for 10 years ILR (LR) next year, Sept 2014 (5 years - student, 2 years - PSW and 3 years - Tier 2 General). At the moment, I am on tier 2 general.

My wife joined me as PSW dependent in July 2011. I changed to Tier 2 general in Sept 2011 and my wife also changed as my dependent. She will be completing two years as my Tier 2 general dependent in Sept 2013, hence would be eligible to apply for FLR (M) (based on new rules) next year when I make my ILR application.

My questions is; as my wife is now working, if she goes on Tier 2 General on her own right after September 2013, will she still be eligible to apply for FLR(M) at the time when I apply for ILR next year ? She would have completed 2 years as my dependent in Sept 2013 and then apply for Tier 2 General on her own. So when at the time of me applying for ILR (LR) she wouldn't be my dependent but would have already finished 2 years as my dependent earlier.

I would be very thankful to you if you can address my this query.
Best regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:11 am

Already answered.

If your wife goes on Tier 2 (General), then her qualifying period for ILR in this category will be reset to 5 years.
Then, if she switches from Tier 2 (General) to FLR(M), then her qualifying period for ILR in this category will be reset to 5 years.

However, if she switches from Tier 2 (General) dependant to FLR(M), then she will be subject to the transitional provisions, and her qualifying period for ILR in this category will not be reset.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.