ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion on ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soubaner
Newly Registered

Confusion on ILR

Post by soubaner » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi,

It will really be appreciated if anyone can kindly answer this question.

I came to the UK on a student visa in September 2010. After completion of my study, I am now on a Tier 2 General Visa with a Sponsor from end of April, 2012. The visa was applied in January, 2012 and is valid till April, 2015. I will be marrying a British Citizen in February, 2014.

Will I be able to apply for settlement on April, 2014 which is two years after April, 2012 ? (Since I applied and received my Tier 2 Visa before 9th July, 2012) or do I need to stay two years in a dependant category to be eligible for this ?

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:08 pm

For settlement as a Tier 2 (General) migrant, read 245HF(c).

For ILR as a spouse of a settled person / British citizen, you'll first need to switch to FLR(M) after your wedding and then spend 5 years in the UK as spouse of that person to become eligible for settlement.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!