ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications Concern

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prasnna

Citizenship Applications Concern

Post by prasnna » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi Folks,

I'll be submitting my application for BC, and I am taking following documents. I got one query which is listed below the points.

1. AN form with payment slip
2. My passport (with ILR stamp)
3. Photographs
4. Life in UK certificate
5. Driving licence
6. P60 + salary slips + bank statements

My Concern:
Last year my building society called me for credit card consultations and checked my credit history as part of application process.

It appears that for some reasons my credit rating wasn't good. But I didn't bother as I don't really need credit card (I don't have mortgage either). As far as I can remeber I don't have any dues to pay.

Will my Credit rating affects my BC application? do they check CR when they process the application.

Is the above list of documents are enough?

Thanks,
Prasnna

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:38 pm

You should be ok re credit rating providing you've not got any ccjs. You should get a copy of your credit report to make sure there is no suspicious activity. Just because you were declined doesn't mean your credit rating is bad, it could be you have no credit history thus are a high risk. The home office doesn't check your credit file.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Thanks a lot D4109125,

Although I haven't got any letter from CCJs, I have moved to various location in last 12 years. (Atleast 7 address chnages) but I was always in touch with the landlords for over a year after moving from their houses.

I haven't bought anything on loan either.

I just read about CCJ from adviceguide. org. uk and they say after 6 years records are deleted anyways. not sure what to do - whether to check my credit report from experian or from trustonline. org. uk.

Advice will be appriciated.

Thanks
P

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:42 pm

Check experian, if there is nothing untoward on there then you can be pretty much sure your credit file is ok. You should be able to do a free trial with experian, then cancel it.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:48 pm

Thanks a lot D4109125,

I'll do that first thing tomr.

Will experian report cover CCjs also?

Many thanks.
P

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:51 pm

Yes they should, it's unlikely that you'd have a ccj, if you've not had credit, someone would need to steal your identity, obtain credit in your name then default on the repayments. Although, it does happen, frequently.

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:55 pm

I'll do the check tomr and update you.

It is just unneccessary stress, without defualting any payments etc. It will be good to get experian report anyways.

As I've moved to various address - Is it posible that credit rating of previous teanant affecting my rating? as I've seen chase letters in my prevoius address and also 1 in my current address.

Thanks for your advice.
P

facts

Post by facts » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:11 pm

prasnna wrote:I'll do the check tomr and update you.

It is just unneccessary stress, without defualting any payments etc. It will be good to get experian report anyways.

As I've moved to various address - Is it posible that credit rating of previous teanant affecting my rating? as I've seen chase letters in my prevoius address and also 1 in my current address.

Thanks for your advice.
P
Don't worry about other tenants. Addresses don't have credit reports, people have. Just check your credit report to make sure you've never been a victim of identity theft.

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi D4109125, facts

I did my Experian check today and my credit rating came 'Excellent', having said that I got 1 negative factor and considered high risk as I havn't got high credit limit from any lender.

So I guess I am okay for BC, got one question now - does Experian include CCJs also in there report.

Many Thanks.
P

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:52 pm

I'm glad to hear, to check for CCJs search trust online.

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions - My Experian report does shows 'No Data Reterived' under section Court judgements, Debt relief orders , Bankrupties.

So I guess Its alright but I'll do trustonline check anyway.

Thanks for your advise and help.
P