ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Name Error?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mjtan90
Newly Registered

BRP Name Error?

Post by mjtan90 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:21 am

Hi, I just received my brp today and I think there might be a mistake with the arrangement of my name (spelling is fine though)

On my passport, it shows:

Name: Tang Meng Jiao

My passport doesn't give my name in the form of Last Name and First Name. If it were to use the Last Name and First Name format, my Last name is Tang and First Name is Meng Jiao. I have no idea why my country's system arranges the name as such but everyone in my country gets that name arrangement in their passport.

On my BRP, it shows as:
Jiao
Tang Meng

Is this arrangement right? Currently, it is identical to my passport though it gets the last name and first name arrangement wrong.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:51 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.