ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing jobs

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

happytrish40
Newly Registered

Changing jobs

Post by happytrish40 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:42 am

Does any one have the answer to this? If you sent your passport to the home office to await ILR, and you are working for a company. Can you change to another job with the papers you have without the passport.? I spoke to the JCWI and the woman said the entitlements and rights of a person still exists, until a decision is reached. However I called the home office and the woman said it was up to the employer what papers they need. I find that very strange can any one shed some light on this please.
Regards

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:17 pm

your status remains until your application is decided so if you were allowed to work then you are allowed to work until you hear from homeoffice otherwise.

the homeoffice woman is talking bollocks.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:37 pm

If it's a question of changing job whilst leave to remain decision is pending - then yes, technically you can change if your existing status allowed you to do so; however from a practical perspective, not many prospective employer would allow you to join until you have obtained a decision from home office. A new employer has every right to ask for full paperwork including a passport with valid leave to remain.

happytrish40
Newly Registered

changing jobs

Post by happytrish40 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Thank you for moving my link and also thanks for the reply to my questions