ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change home address for about 2 months

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

friday

change home address for about 2 months

Post by friday » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi All,

I will move to a different city to start a new job. I initially plan to stay at a house (private rent) for 1-2 months. During this time, I will know the area more and I will search for another accommodation to stay for longer period (1-2 year).

Can you please let me know if I still need to inform the home office about this address change? shall I wait until i know about the long term address? I read somewhere that if you plan to stay less than 6 months in a place, you do not need to change the address.

Please let me know your advice.

Thank you.

navodwickra

Re: change home address for about 2 months

Post by navodwickra » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:30 pm

friday wrote:Hi All,

I will move to a different city to start a new job. I initially plan to stay at a house (private rent) for 1-2 months. During this time, I will know the area more and I will search for another accommodation to stay for longer period (1-2 year).

Can you please let me know if I still need to inform the home office about this address change? shall I wait until i know about the long term address? I read somewhere that if you plan to stay less than 6 months in a place, you do not need to change the address.

Please let me know your advice.

Thank you.
What this has to do with ILR? have you applied for ILR?

friday

Post by friday » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Yes, I got my ILR few days ago. sorry if it was the wrong section.

may you please share your advice? do I need to inform the home office even if I plan to stay at private house for less than 2 months until I find a better accommodation?

thank you.

friday

Post by friday » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:28 pm

any advice please

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:00 pm

you need to inform whilst an application is under consideration. if you have received a decision and there is no outstanding application with UKBA, you don't need to information them any change of address.

friday

Post by friday » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:04 pm

ban.s wrote:you need to inform whilst an application is under consideration. if you have received a decision and there is no outstanding application with UKBA, you don't need to information them any change of address.
thank you for your help.

I remember reading somewhere that i need to inform home office if address change even without an application under consideration. again, i do not mind informing the home office about address change but I am changing my address for one month (slightly longer) only whilst i search for longer term accommodation.

can you please refer me to a website that supports your point?

thank you again

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:48 pm

I believe you were referring to theChange of Address form. If you try updating the address using the form you'd asked to choose status as either applicant or legal representative.

friday

Post by friday » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:03 pm

thank you very much ban.s . the information is very helpful.

I have no application with the home office. so I do not need to use that form to update my address. I just got my ILR and plan to change address due to change in jobs and city.

thank you again.

friday

Post by friday » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:14 pm

I am sorry to bring this up again. But, by chance, I have been reading through the leaflet that came with my ILR BRP which shows in section 5.1 that I should tell the home office if I change the address. I am not sure if this applies to all BRP or if the ILR is different.

May you please advice if I still need to inform the home office about changing my address and how to do it please. I have no application under consideration.

Thank you in advance.

friday

Post by friday » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:48 am

Any advice please.