ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Visit Visa sponsor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

m.sheikh

General Visit Visa sponsor

Post by m.sheikh » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi Guys,

I am on Tier 1 General and my visa is valid till March 2014, I want to sponsor my parents for 2 years general visit visa, is it possible? or do I have to have a 2 year visa validity in order to sponsor a visitor for a 2 years visa?

Regards

Rocky

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:10 pm

Yes, you can. Include an additional line in your sponsorship/invitation letter clarifying your plan beyond March 2014 (i.e. you would be applying for ILR or extending Tier 1 or something else..)

yarlagaddaphani
Newly Registered

Re: General Visit Visa sponsor

Post by yarlagaddaphani » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Hi,

I am in a similar situation. My Tier 1 visa expires by end of January 2015 and would like to invite my in-laws to the UK. Do you know if they will be granted the visa for 6months or will it be rejected? Can you advise what happened with your parents visa? Thanks a lot for your help.