ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for FLR(M) application: Language and Maintenance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ht1980
Newly Registered

Documents for FLR(M) application: Language and Maintenance

Post by ht1980 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for ILR on the basis of 10 year residence [SET(LR)]. As my wife's visa is due to expire soon, I am submitting her FLR(M) application together with mine.

I came to UK as a student in Aug 2003, got married in Pakistan in Dec 2005 and my wife joined me in UK (on student dependant visa) in Aug 2006.
Currently I am on Tier-1 (PSW) and she is Tier-1 dependant.

On her FLR(M) form, there is section 7 that deals with financial requirements.

a) Do we need to fill-in section 7A? If so, would attaching my salary slips and bank statements for the past 6 months be sufficient?
b) For section 7B, as we are renting a property, do we need to attach a letting contract?

Lastly, my wife has a degree in English Language and Literature from Pakistan and has done a Level-4 Certificate in TESOL (Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages) from Trinity College. She has also passed Life in UK test.
Do above fulfil the language requirements or does she still need to take IELTS or provide additional documentation from University in Pakistan that the course was conducted in English?

Many thanks for your guidance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:49 pm

Your wife should be under the old rules thus there is no financial requirement per se but rather adequate maintenance and accommodation, 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements with the tenancy agreement.

A NARIC statement of comparability for the degree should suffice along with the degree certificate and a letter from the institution stating it was taught in English.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.