ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1 Test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syedfarhatraza
Newly Registered

B1 Test

Post by syedfarhatraza » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:05 pm

According to new rule applicable from October 28 and onwards, applicants for ILR and Naturalisation has to pass B1 test for English Speaking and Listening. It is quite embarrassing that only a few institutions are conducting this test charging a fee for 10 minutes test which is not justified. From September 1st it will be increased to £ 150/=
I think the relevant authorities must review it and make it easy for the people . The test has been introduced to test the English skills rather than making it an opportunity to earn money.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:07 pm

Immigration and nationality applications are big business for the treasury and alike.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Do you have the list of the institutions for B1 Englist test? Any link so that I can find my nearest one?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:41 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ritswaney

Post by ritswaney » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:11 pm

If a certificate of comparability can be produced from NARIC for a degree taught in English, is this test exempt?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:30 pm

It should meet the requirement rather than exempt you but you would still need the Life in UK test or equivalent.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.