ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Voluntary leave

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jev
Newly Registered

Voluntary leave

Post by jev » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:18 pm

Hi All

I recently had a letter from HO stating that I am basically an overstayer and I have no right in the country, hence I should leave.

To make a long story short... I appled for an extension to stay as a student, finsihed and waited during that time for a reply. About a year and a bit later I got (well recently) they remembered my application returned their findings stating I am now an overstayer since I didnt send any further documentation that i was still studing during this time and my course finished over a year ago.

So basically they're saying I should leave, which I DONT have a problem with, but my concern is that I have temporary leave providing I remain at my address and meet with an immigration offical at a date and time they provided.

I can leave either by:
1. Leave the UK by myself
2. Leave the UK under the Voluntary Departure procedure, arranged through the UK Immigration Service, hence the appoinment
3. Leave the UK under one of the Assisted Voluntary Return (AVR) schemes

I prefer to leave by my self because I dont want to face those guys at the immigration service, because I dont feel comfortable.

The date they gave me is April 4th for the appointment and I would like to leave at the end of April.

Is there a way to leave voluntarily without having to face immigration services. What questions are they likely to ask me if I did go to the appointment. I think I am afraid of being detained if I go or questioned as to what I had being doing all this time and why I didnt inform them I was still wating etc.

My other big problem is that they didnt send my passport!!!