ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

early extension (1 year early)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1-immigrant

early extension (1 year early)

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:41 pm

I got my 1st extension last year and my current visa expires 2015.
I will have to go for one more extension in 2015 as I came to UK a year later after I got Tier1 for the first time.

I need to earn 50K for my extension, which is very difficult in the current situations. I am currently contracting through my ltd company. And I am not sure whether I will still be contracting during the period 2014-2015 during which period I need to earn 50K in order for me to secure an extension in 2015.

Since I am in contract now and suppose I continue earning through my current contract for 12 months between 2013 and 2014, can I apply for extension in 2014 instead of 2015 ?

Second question:
What is the extension period for the second extension ?

I think it is for 2 years ? And suppose I am allowed to apply for extension in 2014, will the extension given be 2014 + 2 years or 2015 + 2 years ( given my current visa expires 2015, but I apply in 2014).

Thanks for any info.