ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT clearance before leaving home country (India)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ajay Kumar Singh

IT clearance before leaving home country (India)

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:50 am

Do i need to get Income Tax clearance before leaving India on HSMP VISA ?

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:14 am

In 2003-2004 financial year, income tax clearance was abolished and one no longer needs to get a certificate. One may be asked by the immigration officer to give their PAN at the time of leaving India.

See http://www.onlinebangalore.com/fina/budget/page12.html (point 151- h)

and http://www.ey.nl/download/publicatie/In ... ry2004.pdf

simar

Post by simar » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:47 am

Carry your PAN CARD along when passing through immigration section on port of exit in India. IT clearance certificate is no longer required, Used to required 2-3 years back.
Also to add there is also another drive to give National Social Security Number in India. All the PF accounts will be over. Also Any hassles of PF transfer etc are over.. Just a single NSSN number is required.

simar

Post by simar » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:53 am

Carry your PAN CARD along when passing through immigration section on port of exit in India. IT clearance certificate is no longer required, Used to required 2-3 years back.
Also to add there is also another drive to give National Social Security Number in India. All the PF accounts will be over. Also Any hassles of PF transfer etc are over.. Just a single NSSN number is required.

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:57 am

Tx all.

So do i need to have the PAN CARD with me at customes or the PAN number will do ?
I have PAN number but I don't have PAN CARD with me, and i don't think i'll get it in near future.

Yeh have applied for PF SSN, but yet to get.

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:16 pm

Carry the letter which assigns you the PAN.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:23 pm

What if someone has neither...the PAN card or PAN issue letter. Is it an issue at the immigration. Should one try to get one of these from the IT deptt as a precaution ?

People who've exited Delhi with a valid EC please respond.
Mini

simar

Post by simar » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:57 am

Income tax dept. did not take tax/returns without PAN number. Also Nobody can give any excuse since PAN card is delivered within 15-30 days after applying for the same.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:43 pm

Maybe the published norm. Ground reality is different. I've had a PAN no for the past 4 years. No PAN card from IT deptt ever found me. And I lost the PAN issue letter.

So again....any implications if you try and get out of country with a HSMP without either PAN card or PAN issuance letter ?
Mini

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:16 pm

Same with me i have PAN with me for 4+ yrs but without a card. And i don't know what is PAN issue letter?. All i have is the Form 49C photocopy. I got my PAN number when i went and enquired from IT department. They didn't get PAN issue letter. Any one what is this issue letter and how to get it ?

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:08 pm

Ajay,
The PAN issue letter is a letter you get from the IT deptt informing you of your PAN no after you submit your 49C. A PAN card is supposed to follow it within 2 months(I think) from the IT deptt. But most of the time the card is never sent to you so people save their letters. You must have also received this letter else how would you have known what your PAN no is.

Logically, as India does not have an online system, if we do not carry a PAN issue letter or PAN card the immigration authorities have no way of knowing the PAN no we are stating is actually ours.

So I want to know how much a hullabo is there about our tax status. Cause if there is a serious validation then we may have to work on the double to get PAN cards issued.
Mini

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:00 am

Rule 151-h says..

"abolition of tax-clearance certificates currently needed by a person leaving India, or any person submitting a tender for a government contract. Henceforth, only expatriates who come to India in connection with business, profession or employment, would have to furnish a guarantee from their employer, etc. in respect of the tax payable before they leave India. An Indian citizen, before leaving India, will only have to give his/her permanent account number, and the period of his/her intended visit abroad to the emigration authorities; and"

It is not asking to submit the PAN Card. I think they just need to know the PAN Number. I think we can submit a photocopy of our latest IT Returns document as proof.(I think :?: ).

Regards
Puti

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:33 am

Mini,
I got my PAN number when i personally visited IT office and gave my details, and they told me my PAN number.

Puti,
I agree with you, PAN number in mentioned in F-16 so i think F-16 should be okie.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am

Is it ? Will have to check that. If it is then it will save us a lot of hassle. Either Tax return or F-16 will do in that case.

Anyway I enquired about requesting issue of a PAN card from the IT authorities. Supposedly a simple task which also has an online interface. You can go to http://tin.nsdl.com/ or to centers all over india and submit a 1 page form with photo to request issue of PAN card. It takes about 3-4 weeks to come to you.

So in case you want to do that as part of tying loose ends before you leave indian shores... :lol:
Mini

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:47 am

Tx a lot mini that's what i was looking for :)