ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting EU family in the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oralsurgeon
Newly Registered

Visiting EU family in the UK

Post by oralsurgeon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:04 pm

My wife is in the UK along with school going children and excercising her Treaty Rights. I am based in India and an Indian National. Over the past one year I have visited them frequently on A general visitors visa sponsored by a friend. I do not wish to join them but can I apply for the Family Permit just for a visit? Is it multiple entry to allow me to visit them for a couple of weeks every 3-4 months.? The UKBA website asks for a lot of documentation as much as is required by a general visitor- is it really required?
Any info will be appreciated.Thanks

Diomond

Re: Visiting EU family in the UK

Post by Diomond » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:26 pm

oralsurgeon wrote:My wife is in the UK along with school going children and excercising her Treaty Rights. I am based in India and an Indian National. Over the past one year I have visited them frequently on A general visitors visa sponsored by a friend. I do not wish to join them but can I apply for the Family Permit just for a visit? Is it multiple entry to allow me to visit them for a couple of weeks every 3-4 months.? The UKBA website asks for a lot of documentation as much as is required by a general visitor- is it really required?
Is your wife an eu national? if yes then you can apply for an eea family permit,

oralsurgeon
Newly Registered

Post by oralsurgeon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:57 pm

Diomond wrote:
oralsurgeon wrote:My wife is in the UK along with school going children and excercising her Treaty Rights. I am based in India and an Indian National. Over the past one year I have visited them frequently on A general visitors visa sponsored by a friend. I do not wish to join them but can I apply for the Family Permit just for a visit? Is it multiple entry to allow me to visit them for a couple of weeks every 3-4 months.? The UKBA website asks for a lot of documentation as much as is required by a general visitor- is it really required?
Is your wife an eu national? if yes then you can apply for an eea family permit,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
My wife is an E U National. Will the Family Permit allow me multple entry to the UK?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:05 am

Yes, you can enter as many times as you like, during its period of validity.

Please confirm your wife is not British.
John

oralsurgeon
Newly Registered

Post by oralsurgeon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:36 pm

John wrote:Yes, you can enter as many times as you like, during its period of validity.

Please confirm your wife is not British.
She is not Britishe. I am currently in the UK on a General Visitors Visa (C Visitors)
Can I apply directly for a Resident Certificate or a vignette on my passport. So as to avoid the hassle of applying again through the EEA route once I am back in India.
Thank you for your help.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:11 pm

If you are resident in the UK, you can apply for a residence card. This would be valid for 5 years. Its validity would not be affected by absences of up to six months per year.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:03 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:If you are resident in the UK, you can apply for a residence card. This would be valid for 5 years. Its validity would not be affected by absences of up to six months per year.
Just remember to put a request for your passport in with your application for EEA2 if you plan to leave the UK within the next six months. (IE: you travel a lot for work / work in india etc)

Passport returns on the eu route do not cancel an application. = unlike immigration rules.

also, if you do plan to stay in the uk past the validity of your visitor visa, you can do so. your stay in the uk is legal as the spouse of an eea national excersising treaty rights.
For anybody effected, I hope that my Surinder Singh Route Information Pages help.

oralsurgeon
Newly Registered

Post by oralsurgeon » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:09 pm

wiggsy wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:If you are resident in the UK, you can apply for a residence card. This would be valid for 5 years. Its validity would not be affected by absences of up to six months per year.
Just remember to put a request for your passport in with your application for EEA2 if you plan to leave the UK within the next six months. (IE: you travel a lot for work / work in india etc)

Passport returns on the eu route do not cancel an application. = unlike immigration rules.

also, if you do plan to stay in the uk past the validity of your visitor visa, you can do so. your stay in the uk is legal as the spouse of an eea national excersising treaty rights.
Thanks for the info.

oralsurgeon
Newly Registered

Post by oralsurgeon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:08 am

oralsurgeon wrote:
wiggsy wrote:

Thanks for the info.