ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - Supporting documents checklist.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zabeth
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit - Supporting documents checklist.

Post by Zabeth » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:28 pm

Hello,

I am the EEA civil partner of a non-EEA who is living in France with a student residence card. We are both students.
We have submitted the online application for my non-EEA civil partner a few days ago, and his meeting at the VAC is in a couple of days.
I am trying to find the right balance about which supporting documents to submit or not.
(I tend to think, the more the better, and want to join as many as I can, but I have read in this forum that it is not recommended at all).

See:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 603a69a683
However, sometimes they make mistakes. This sometimes happens when you submit unnecessary documents. For some reason, they tend to pick up something in the evidence and use that (unlawfully) against you. This is less common for applications made in Europe.
Could you please help me with defining which one to provide or not, considering our circumstances and what we wrote in the application?

-Application form
-non-EEA ID photos
-non-EEA Moroccan Passport (current and former)
-non-EEA student residence card (from France) expires in November 2013
-EEA French Passport
-EEA Registration Card (issued this year, in spring)
-Civil Partnership certificate (French PACS entered in 2009) certified translation.
-EEA UK accommodation Tenancy agreement (signed end of July 2013)
-EEA Supporting letter of invitation
-Evidence of EEA exercising treaty rights:
=EEA EHIC card which expires on 18th Sep 2013
=EHIC Cover letter
=UK University Unconditional Offer Letter
-Evidence of non-EEA current studies (with dates of enrollment and leave of absence)
-Letter of the EEA stating that the non-EEA will join me in England.

1) Shall we add supporting documents concerning:
Information about finances? (We stated in the application that we have no income, but that we signed a bank loan contract in the beginning of Aug 2013. It will largely cover our expenses for a year.)
=Joint bank loan contract (not translated)
=Joint account bank statements
=payslips of the last 2 months (we work from time to time)

2) We have a joint bank account since 2011. The joint bank account used for the bank loan is a new one we opened for the purpose in a bank, in another city (where my parents live), where I already had my own bank account. I don't want the ECO to misunderstand that, and allow him to think that we don't share everything or whatsoever; but on the other hand, we thought it was good to prove we can live in the UK without being a burden for the welfare state, so we talked about this bank loan in the application.) Shall we provide any finance details? and Which ones?

3) Shall I add EEA UK bank statements as a proof that I have been self-sufficient, and not a burden to British Society?

4) Shall we add supporting documents concerning Evidence of cohabitation? We have been living together since 2007 until Oct 2012 when I (EEA) went in the UK.
=joint French bank accounts + Letter by EEA certifying who are the joint tenants of the bank account.
=Travel tickets (bus from York -> London, bus from London -> Paris and Return)
=Photos
=joint electricity bills in France (but I don't want the ECO to find it weird that I was still paying the bills although already living in the UK. The accommodation the non-EEA lives in in France is the one we lived in together for 4 years before I came in England, and the tenancy agreement is still under my name only.)

5) Unfortunately, I (EEA) received the unconditional offer letter via email, thus I don't have any stamped original to prove exercising Treaty Rights.
-Can you confirm they accept unconditional offer letters (which state that I have paid a tuition fee deposit) as a proof of EEA exercising Treaty Rights?Does it work as "university letter confirming their enrolment and the completion date of their course";
-If so, will that printed offer letter be enough?

6) Shall I also provide my former University letter? (I was an Erasmus student from 6th Oct 2012 to 28th June 2013, now I have been accepted to another University, which will start on 23rd Sep 2013)
Can they say I am not currently exercising Treaty Rights because of this gap?

7) Do you think that there might be a problem with the EEA EHIC expiring in Sep 2013 (I ordered a new one, but won't receive it before the VAC meeting)? We stated in the application that my non-EEA partner will be staying for a year (even if it is very likely that we will reapply to be allowed to stay longer and to allow my partner to study here also).

8 ) I have read mention of several letters to write by the EEA.
i.e.
-Letter from the tenant to certify agreement that the non-EEA will be living there.
-Letter of invitation by the EEA (which I guess is just the same as the one before).
-Letter to certify ability to support and accommodate without recourse to public funds/ to certify sufficient financial resources during period of study.
-Letter from the EEA national, declaring that you are travelling with them or are joining them in the UK
Are they all needed? Or do I make one with all of them?

9) Letter from the EEA national, declaring that the non-EEA is joining them in the UK. Does it mean we won't be able to change our minds, that we won't be able to travel together, and that the EEA will HAVE TO be already in the UK? I (EEA) am currently in the UK, but will visit my partner in a couple of days, So I will be in France during his meeting at the VAC. Is it a problem?

10) Will they tell my partner during the VAC meeting if the FP is accepted or refused?
If ever, we were to receive a refusal, can we reapply immediately, or will we have to wait a mandatory few days..?

I know this was a veery long post, and I really appreciate the time you gave by reading it.
We could really use a second opinion on that FP application. Any Help would be much appreciated! :wink:
We want to put all the chances on our side, as we would need the FP permit before 30 Aug, if possible... We had to give it a try now.
Do you think it would work with the current supporting documents, and do you see an important one missing?

Best Regards,