ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supplementary job in the same sector and same prof level

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jezzajezza
Newly Registered

Supplementary job in the same sector and same prof level

Post by Jezzajezza » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi Guys!

I am working as Sales Development Manager in a Hotel. I have switched from psw to tier 2 general. My question is
Can I work a 20 hours or less supplementary job in any organization. or it should be a hotel organization.

or same sector means business (sales development) sector as compared to other sectors such as web development etc.
thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:41 pm

IMHO "sector" means the kind of job you are doing, not the kind of organisation you are doing it in. Assuming your SOC code is 3545 look at the job descriptions there. If what you would be doing in way of supplementary employment matches these descriptions then that would be the same sector.

Apart from the "sector" issue the supplementary job must be at the same professional level as your main job.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:02 pm

The wording in the Immigration Rules is 'in the same profession and at the same professional level'. So it's the job you do, not the type of company you do it.

Jezzajezza
Newly Registered

Post by Jezzajezza » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks Manci and Jeeves, your replies have cleared my doubts.

liewjls
Newly Registered

Post by liewjls » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:21 pm

I'm confused. Does it means if i currently work with company A as "title 1" as a full-time employee and i can work as freelance with company B as "title 1" at the same time as long i don't work more than 20 hours on the company B? Can i get paid from the company B?
Do i need to tell home office about my second job as "title 1" in company B which i will get paid from the company B?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:40 pm

read the Tier 2 policy guidance paras 207-208