ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is NARIC mandatory ??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shubi81

Is NARIC mandatory ??

Post by shubi81 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:54 am

Hi,
I am an aspiring HSMP applicant working for a top global IT company in India . I am a Comp engg graduate from BE College, shibpur , Howrah,WB (among the top 10 Engg institutes of India,150 yrs old college). Can someone let me know , if I need to certify my degree by NARIC before submitting my HSMP application OR if someone from my college had done before ..that will do ..which means that BE in Comp Sc from <mycollege> is already NARIC certified & I needn't go for it ..??
If I need to still get my degree NARIC certified, can u suggest , whats the best way to do it ? shud I send it directly to NARIC by courier OR any immigration agency can do it for me at the time of submitting my HSMP application ??

Thanks in advance.
Shubi
:)

nouna

Post by nouna » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:11 am

If you are sure that your degree is equivalent to UK degree then there is no need to provide NARIC letter (i.e. NARIC comparison letter is not mandatory).

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:19 pm

If you let all know about your University then someone may be able to help you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:11 am

Do you want to be 100% sure ?? Then I would suggest that you go for NARIC evaluation.

The website is www.naric.org.uk
Go for the standard evaluation service http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=65&section=1

You can apply online & pay online (gbp 35.25).

Some people have had problems receiving the NARIC letters in India (postal problems), so if you have friends / relatives in UK, mention their address as your delivery address. Once they receive the letter they can forward the same to you by "registered post" which is referred to as "International Signed For" in UK, or by courier (expensive).

regards

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:23 am

I would say if you have time and money, go for NARIC. Else generally all BE courses in India (in general) from good established universities are UK Bachelors. So no need.