ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do you "jump" from UK law to EU law for EEA ap

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

julianwood
Newly Registered

How do you "jump" from UK law to EU law for EEA ap

Post by julianwood » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:37 pm

I would like to ask how and when you actually jump from UK law to EU law.

I was previously on a work permit and married my French wife in France in July 2007. I returned from the wedding on the 22/7/2007 but entered the UK on my work permit which then expired on 19/01/2008. I had then applied for my EEA2 and did travel a few times while it was being considered and was granted entry with a bit of explanation and my EEA2 my EEA2 was eventually granted in 25/07/2008.

During this time I would have moved over from residency based on UK law (WP) to EU law (EU Spouse) and started exercising treaty rights.

When would this have happened so I can work out if I am eligible for naturalisation already or should still apply for an EEA4 first?

Is it when I returned from my wedding on 22/7/2007 as I was married and have rights under EU law but entered with a UK work permit.
Is it when I first entered after my work permit expired and I had applied for my EEA2 or is it when I received my EEA2?

Both of us have been working the whole time and continuously resident with only a few holidays out the UK so if it is from 22/7/2007 I can apply for naturalisation now as its been six years.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:42 pm

22/07/2007.