ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 general dependent visa (no tenancy agreement)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

om.feb26

Tier1 general dependent visa (no tenancy agreement)

Post by om.feb26 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi All,

I have all the required documents for to apply Tier1 dependent visa for my wife but For some reason I don't have tenancy agreement with me but I am registered with council and have council tax letter.

I am self employed and staying at this address from last 2.5 years. I also have bank statements at this address.

Please reply what documents I can use in place of tenancy agreement for visa application?

Thanks everyone
Last edited by om.feb26 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Tier1 general dependent visa (no tenancy agreement)

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:03 pm

om.feb26 wrote:Hi All,I have all the required documents for to apply Tier1 dependent visa for my wife.
So why, therefore, are you asking about a tenancy agreement?

coolwind
United Kingdom

RE:

Post by coolwind » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:29 am

Try getting a reference letter from your landlord.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: RE:

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:27 pm

coolwind wrote:Try getting a reference letter from your landlord.
And, why does he need that?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

coolwind
United Kingdom

Re: RE:

Post by coolwind » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:32 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
coolwind wrote:Try getting a reference letter from your landlord.
And, why does he need that?
As a substitute for tenancy agreement.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:47 pm

But the point is, there is no requirement for proof of adequate accommodation in this category, so its inclusion in a visa application is completely irrelevant.

coolwind
United Kingdom

Post by coolwind » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:18 am

Lucapooka wrote:But the point is, there is no requirement for proof of adequate accommodation in this category, so its inclusion in a visa application is completely irrelevant.
I absolutely agree with you. This is one thing that is irritating me as well. But, most people I know who have applied for a dependent visa have included tenancy agreement and payslips in their documentation. I

I don't know the exact reason for this. But, it would help if om.feb26 can update this topic after his visa has been processed.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:40 am

coolwind wrote:
I don't know the exact reason for this.
It's because people like you keep posting on forums saying they should! Just as you are doing here. It is uninformed guessing that merely serves to confuse and misdirect.

For those that did provide this evidence (in error), just because something was included in an application does mean that it was considered or that the result was in someway affected by its inclusion. It would have been ignored and the application approved or refused on the actual requirements of the immigration rules.

om.feb26

Post by om.feb26 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:50 am

I have already applied. I haven't include any accommodation proof.

I was also confused after reading many forum posts and then I thought not to include any such document. Ideally that shouldn't affect the decision as this is not required document for Tier1 dependant.

I will update the post once response is received.

Thanks all

coolwind
United Kingdom

Post by coolwind » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
coolwind wrote:
I don't know the exact reason for this.
It's because people like you keep posting on forums saying they should! Just as you are doing here. It is uninformed guessing that merely serves to confuse and misdirect.
I have not mentioned anywhere that the tenancy agreement should be submitted. I just gave a suggestion on an alternative to a tenancy agreement, if required. The decision on whether to submit the tenancy agreement or not is upto the person who submits the application. I haven't provided any guidelines on which documents should be submitted.

I think we should not debate any further and just wait till the topic is updated.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:08 pm

You would like to think that it was a suggestion only 'if required' but that's not how it reads in your original posts. You are, in fact, serving to confirm that he needs evidence and that X can be used in lieu of Y. This perpetuates the myth that many now believe to be true. I don't know why you think we should wait for the outcome of this; there is nothing in the immigration rules that asks for this evidence and so the decision will not consider it or lack of. PBS dependant applications that have been refused for lack of accommodation evidence would be those of minor children, where there is a clear requirement stated in the immigration rules.

coolwind
United Kingdom

Post by coolwind » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:36 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You would like to think that it was a suggestion only 'if required' but that's not how it reads in your original posts. You are, in fact, serving to confirm that he needs evidence and that X can be used in lieu of Y. This perpetuates the myth that many now believe to be true. I don't know why you think we should wait for the outcome of this; there is nothing in the immigration rules that asks for this evidence and so the decision will not consider it or lack of. PBS dependant applications that have been refused for lack of accommodation evidence would be those of minor children, where there is a clear requirement stated in the immigration rules.
Ok...whatever you think. I have already clarified myself and won't be commenting further on this topic.

om.feb26

Post by om.feb26 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:28 am

Thanks all who answered my query. I applied for visa on 3rd september and received stamped passport on 24th september. It means no tenancy agreement or accommodation proof required for this category. I was very confused because I read so many forum threads which confused me.
Please attach only those documents which mentioned on UKBA site. Thanks all once again.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:28 am

Lucapooka wrote:You would like to think that it was a suggestion only 'if required' but that's not how it reads in your original posts. You are, in fact, serving to confirm that he needs evidence and that X can be used in lieu of Y. This perpetuates the myth that many now believe to be true. I don't know why you think we should wait for the outcome of this; there is nothing in the immigration rules that asks for this evidence and so the decision will not consider it or lack of. PBS dependant applications that have been refused for lack of accommodation evidence would be those of minor children, where there is a clear requirement stated in the immigration rules.
@Lucapooka - Can you please point a reference to where this is mentioned? I am unable to find this reference in the policy guidelines for dependent children. I applied for a dependent visa for my little one, from my home country and did not submit any proof of accommodation and visa was granted.

I completely agree with the fact that it is not required to be submitting evidence which is not required.

icprashanth
Newly Registered

Post by icprashanth » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:10 pm

hi Lucapooka
I am applying for my 6 month old son, is it required to submit the tenemcy agreement considering it is baby.

regards

Prashant.

icprashanth
Newly Registered

Post by icprashanth » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:19 pm

Dear Friends,

I am applying for my 6 month old son, is it required to submit the tenemcy agreement considering it is baby.

regards

Prashant.