ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing name on Passport and BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elfgirl
Newly Registered

Changing name on Passport and BRP

Post by elfgirl » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi there, I'm currently awaiting the approval of my extension of my Tier 2 employer sponsored visa. I've recently divorced my husband and on the divorce papers had listed a change of my surname. Those papers are enough to change the name in my passport with my home country and to change my bank account here in the UK.

However I was/am unsure what to do about my BRP. I didn't initiate the change prior to the application on my passport because I didn't know if I would get it back in time. (divorce final in March, applied for Tier 2 ext in July) I imagine I would face a lot of questions with a passport and BRP in different names when reentering the country. Or should I just carry divorce papers whenever I go abroad?

So I wait until I apply for my ILR in two years or is there a way to request a new BRP prior to the application?

thanks

Nenepep
Newly Registered

Re: Changing name on Passport and BRP

Post by Nenepep » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:18 am

Hi, please were u able to travel with your documents?