ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR set(o) Tier 1- dual citizenship & HMRC letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Stace_ILR
Newly Registered

ILR set(o) Tier 1- dual citizenship & HMRC letter

Post by Stace_ILR » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi everyone.

I am applying on the 4th Sept for my ILR. I just have a 2 questions
1) I currently hold 2 passports South African and Canadian. I travel on my canadian, I have never handed this in for any of my other visa applications. Do I need to take this passport with me for my application?

2) I have seen that it is advised that I get a letter from HMRC to confirm my 'employment history' for the last 5 years. Can anyone give me some guidance on this, as I was just told over the phone that I have to write in to ask for this, but I have seen in other threads that people have phoned to ask for this. If there anything specific I should ask for as the guy I spoke to needed more of information as to what the letter needs to have on it. I just want to make sure I get the right thing.

Thanks in advance for your help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:50 pm

1. Does the application form ask you to provide any additional passport that you may possess if you are dual national?

2. Read the relevant policy guidance. It tells you what documentary evidences you need to apply for settlement.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!