ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Advice regarding 10 Years Long Residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aakkoo
Pakistan

Urgent Advice regarding 10 Years Long Residence

Post by aakkoo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:40 pm

My 10 years long residence will be completed on 10 Sept. My application for Tier 1 is already pending with HO and my biometric last date is 4 Sept. I have already delayed my biometric once and cannot delay it again. So i am 6 days short of completing 10 years long residence.

I am not sure can i apply for ILR despite i am 6 days short. Will my application will be refused because of this.

My solicitor adviced me as my visa is expired and my documents are with HO i cannot apply 28 days prior to completing 10 Years long residence.

I dont know how to cover those 6 days. Need advice.
Last edited by aakkoo on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:49 pm

What stops you from submitting biometric information? I mean what would you lose by submitting your biometrics on/before 04-Sep.?

Give your biometrics on / just before 04-Sep., and then apply to vary your PBS application to settlement.

And change your lawyer! Or tell him to read this document.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:12 am

sushdmehta wrote:What stops you from submitting biometric information? I mean what would you lose by submitting your biometrics on/before 04-Sep.?

According to my solicitor nowadays they are taking decisions on PBS very quickly and i will not have time to vary my application to ILR incase if i give my biometric before my time completes for 10 Year ILR. I wanted to save my money and want to pay for only one application not both.And change your lawyer! Or tell him to read

Can you please tell me which section your reffering to in the pdf file???? this document.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:57 am

See also vary.

There may be complications if your application is declared invalid because of failure to do biometrics.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:06 am

sushdmehta wrote:What stops you from submitting biometric information? I mean what would you lose by submitting your biometrics on/before 04-Sep.?

Give your biometrics on / just before 04-Sep., and then apply to vary your PBS application to settlement.

And change your lawyer! Or tell him to read this document.
What stops you from submitting biometric information? I mean what would you lose by submitting your biometrics on/before 04-Sep.?

According to my solicitor nowadays they are taking decisions on PBS very quickly and i will not have time to vary my application to ILR incase if i give my biometric before my time completes for 10 Year ILR. I wanted to save my money and want to pay for only one application not both.

Can you please tell me which section your reffering to in the pdf file???? this document.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:08 am

vinny wrote:See also vary.

There may be complications if your application is declared invalid because of failure to do biometrics.
Is it safe to apply 6 days short of completing 10 years long residence.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:37 am

You may vary a valid in-time undecided application. However, your application may be invalid without in-time biometrics. So, you should complete your biometrics in-time.

Is it likely that they will decide on your original application within 6 days, following your biometrics?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:45 pm

vinny wrote:You may vary a valid in-time undecided application. However, your application may be invalid without in-time biometrics. So, you should complete your biometrics in-time.

Is it likely that they will decide on your original application within 6 days, following your biometrics?
Vinny you r right as now a days they are taking decisions very quick. I think the only option is to Vary the Case to ILR before the biometric date is due. Will i be safe if i apply within 28 days of completion of 10 years long residence.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:52 pm

I am having problem with my solicitor and i might have to vary my existing application of tier 1 to 10 Years ILR by myself. If someone can plz upload a sample cover letter to vary the existing application to ILR.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:34 am

Perhaps it's better to vary your application after biometrics, as your application isn't valid without biometrics? I'm not sure what would happen if you tried to vary an invalid application.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:26 am

vinny wrote:Perhaps it's better to vary your application after biometrics, as your application isn't valid without biometrics? I'm not sure what would happen if you tried to vary an invalid application.
Vinny they have given me 17 working days to do the biometric, so i am sure my application is valid ?? These 17 working days expire on 4 september which is 6 days short of completing me 10 years ILR. These 6 days r creating problem for me. I am thinking of taking a risk of varying my application despite of 6 days short of completing long residence ??

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:28 am

The application should be valid after you complete the biometrics in-time, provided there was nothing else to render it invalid. It may be invalid if you don't complete the biometrics in-time. Suggest that you vary your application after completing the biometrics in-time, to avoid complications.

If you apply/vary too early, but qualify on the date of decision, then rely on case laws.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:11 am

vinny wrote:The application should be valid after you complete the biometrics in-time, provided there was nothing else to render it invalid. It may be invalid if you don't complete the biometrics in-time. Suggest that you vary your application after completing the biometrics in-time, to avoid complications.

If you apply/vary too early, but qualify on the date of decision, then rely on case laws.
Vinny thanks for your detailed reply, if i am understanding you right you mean i cannot vary my application until or unless i do my biometric first???

As i am within in the 28 days of completion of long residency can i apply now to vary my application without waiting for exact completion of 10 years long residency?? without risking of making my application invalid because of late biometric.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:41 am

If you don't complete your biometrics in-time, then your application will be invalid. I just don't see how you may vary an invalid application.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:24 pm

vinny wrote:If you don't complete your biometrics in-time, then your application will be invalid. I just don't see how you may vary an invalid application.
If i do my biometric and the next day i Vary the application to ILR will that be Valid application?? It will give enough time to Vary other wise i will be too late.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:33 pm

vinny wrote:If you don't complete your biometrics in-time, then your application will be invalid. I just don't see how you may vary an invalid application.
Is it not possible to vary application as soon as someone reached the required period for ILR without submission of biometrics?

For example; as for myself I am 40 days short for 10 years if I deduct 28 days out of 40 that will leave 12 days short. I been thinking to apply some extension just to cover these 12 days and then vary it as soon as I crossed these 12 days regardless of biometrics submission. I can submit biometrics for my varied ILR application.

Or do I have to wait for biometrics invitation and submission of my 1st application which usually UKBA takes ages to send?
N/A

adlakha84

Post by adlakha84 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:42 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
Is it not possible to vary application as soon as someone reached the required period for ILR without submission of biometrics?

For example; as for myself I am 40 days short for 10 years if I deduct 28 days out of 40 that will leave 12 days short. I been thinking to apply some extension just to cover these 12 days and then vary it as soon as I crossed these 12 days regardless of biometrics submission. I can submit biometrics for my varied ILR application.

Or do I have to wait for biometrics invitation and submission of my 1st application which usually UKBA takes ages to send?

when you would vary you would vary the circumstances of existing application and not make a fresh application , existing application can't be valid till biometrics are submitted .

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:16 am

adlakha84 wrote:
when you would vary you would vary the circumstances of existing application and not make a fresh application , existing application can't be valid till biometrics are submitted .
Yep but what if someone vary his application as soon as his circumstances change, like in my case which is just 12 days?
And as far as biometrics is concern; I do remember, for my last Tier 1 application UKBA took 4 months just to send me biometrics invitation.

I might be wrong but it doesn’t make any sense, to cover 12 days I have to wait months just to submit biometrics for an application which ultimately I have to vary.
N/A

adlakha84

Post by adlakha84 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:22 am

Tier 4 wrote:
adlakha84 wrote:
Yep but what if someone vary his application as soon as his circumstances change, like in my case which is just 12 days?
And as far as biometrics is concern; I do remember, for my last Tier 1 application UKBA took 4 months just to send me biometrics invitation.

I might be wrong but it doesn’t make any sense, to cover 12 days I have to wait months just to submit biometrics for an application which ultimately I have to vary.
If it was me I would think that UKBA would ask me for what purpose did I send first application . I cant say to cover 12 days, first application will be the main application . I would leave senior expert members to help us both

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:51 am

adlakha84 wrote:
If it was me I would think that UKBA would ask me for what purpose did I send first application . I cant say to cover 12 days, first application will be the main application . I would leave senior expert members to help us both
well surely i won't say its just to cover 12 days, even though if i count from entry clearence date its just 2 days. Therefore personally for myself it will be rather davestated & disapointing to wait such a long period just to cover these days. Nevertheless rules are rules .
N/A

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:32 am

Tier 4 wrote:
adlakha84 wrote:

Same thing happened to my previous case as well i got my Biometric card after almost 4 months. It will be strange if someone has to wait 4 months to Vary his case just to do his biometric first???

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:52 am

aakkoo wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:
adlakha84 wrote:

Same thing happened to my previous case as well i got my Biometric card after almost 4 months. It will be strange if someone has to wait 4 months to Vary his case just to do his biometric first???

I got a short response from UKBA on the particular issue:

Dear XYZ,

I can confirm that if you submit your application prior to your existing leave expiring you will be covered by the provisions of 3c leave until the date on which the UK Border Agency considers your application. 3c leave will also count towards a qualifying period for 10 years legal residence.

I can also confirm that you are free to vary your application at any point during your period of 3c leave, however I should advise that 3c leave does finish at the moment that we determine your outstanding application.

Regards

Settlement Ops policy
MR

As they mention a person is free to vary application at any point during 3c leave which I assume starts even before biometrics.

Perhaps seniors might shed more light on this.
N/A

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:41 am

Tier 4 wrote:
aakkoo wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:
adlakha84 wrote:

Dear XYZ,

I can confirm that if you submit your application prior to your existing leave expiring you will be covered by the provisions of 3c leave until the date on which the UK Border Agency considers your application. 3c leave will also count towards a qualifying period for 10 years legal residence.

I can also confirm that you are free to vary your application at any point during your period of 3c leave, however I should advise that 3c leave does finish at the moment that we determine your outstanding application.

Regards

Settlement Ops policy
MR

As they mention a person is free to vary application at any point during 3c leave which I assume starts even before biometrics.

I am assuming if the varying application is considered invalid before the biometric is done then it means if i vary the application they will send it back to me and make the decision on the original appklication????

Still in a dilema should i vary the application before the biometric or not .

adlakha84

Post by adlakha84 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:05 pm

aakkoo wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:
aakkoo wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:

Dear XYZ,

Regards

Settlement Ops policy
MR

I am assuming if the varying application is considered invalid before the biometric is done then it means if i vary the application they will send it back to me and make the decision on the original appklication????

Still in a dilema should i vary the application before the biometric or not .

You will not loose anything by giving bio metric in your case aakkoo just 20£ fee you are already eligible to file set(lr) . why not just do it as bio metric letter has already been issued to you .

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:11 pm

aakkoo wrote:My application of SET(LR) and wife of FLR(M) is with HO, I want to send extra supporting documents to HO.

I am not sure where to send, to the address mentioned on Acknowledgement letter which is Liverpool for SET(LR) and Sheffield for FLR(M) or to the address that's on the application form.
ilr-tracker wrote:What additional documents are you providing them..Have they asked for any?
aakkoo wrote:No they did not yet asked any extra documents. I am sending my LIUK certificate and wife English certificates. I mentioned in the cover letter i will be sending it as soon as i get it.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.