ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR or Tier 1 extension -- Bit confused.. please advise ???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

confident
Newly Registered

FLR or Tier 1 extension -- Bit confused.. please advise ???

Post by confident » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:53 pm

I am applying my ilr soon and after few weeks i'll apply my wife visa.
e. My wife came to uk just 8 months ago as tier 1 dependent.
Can i apply the FLR visa to her??? or i should apply for tier 1 dependent extension. tier 1 dependent fee is £1920 double the FLR visa fee i.e £953.
Kindly advise.

everfor

Post by everfor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Gurus, please advise it's urgent.. i am in same boat..

T1ilr

Post by T1ilr » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Me too...... Same boat.

everfor

Post by everfor » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:22 am

everfor wrote:Gurus, please advise it's urgent.. i am in same boat..

Appreciate if someone answer this quickly.......

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:32 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

everfor

Post by everfor » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:12 pm

3. If the dependant has not completed the qualified qualifying residential period at the time that the principal PBS migrant applies for settlement, then:
a) If the PBS dependant's current leave will expire after he/she has completed the qualifying period and the dependant meets the other requirements for settlement then the dependant may apply for settlement directly (319E).
b) If the PBS dependant's current leave will expire before he/she completes the qualifying period then the dependant can apply , before his/her current leave expires, to extend his/her PBS dependant leave until such time that he/she becomes eligible for settlement (319C and 319D). Though switching to FLR(M) leave remains an option but extending PBS dependant leave is simpler (e.g. - only maintenance funds to be shown, no English language requirement).

i am not understanding what it says.. can anyone simplify the statement

everfor

Post by everfor » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:31 pm

everfor wrote:

3. If the dependant has not completed the qualified qualifying residential period at the time that the principal PBS migrant applies for settlement, then:
a) If the PBS dependant's current leave will expire after he/she has completed the qualifying period and the dependant meets the other requirements for settlement then the dependant may apply for settlement directly (319E).
b) If the PBS dependant's current leave will expire before he/she completes the qualifying period then the dependant can apply , before his/her current leave expires, to extend his/her PBS dependant leave until such time that he/she becomes eligible for settlement (319C and 319D). Though switching to FLR(M) leave remains an option but extending PBS dependant leave is simpler (e.g. - only maintenance funds to be shown, no English language requirement).

i am not understanding what it says.. can anyone simplify the statement
please anybody advise..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:05 pm

You should be apply to apply for flr(m) subject to meeting the requirements.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:53 am

everfor wrote:i am not understanding what it says.. can anyone simplify the statement
It's your choice.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

VENKAT.REDDY09
Newly Registered

Post by VENKAT.REDDY09 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:58 pm

everfor wrote:
everfor wrote:Gurus, please advise it's urgent.. i am in same boat..

Appreciate if someone answer this quickly.......
Hi everfor, I am also planning to apply my wife visa so can you please advise me which route you going i.e. FLR(M) or Tier 1 , 2 or 5 dependent application ? , much appreciate your reply.

VENKAT.REDDY09
Newly Registered

Post by VENKAT.REDDY09 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:01 pm

T1ilr wrote:Me too...... Same boat.
Hi T1ilr , I am also in same situation so which one you decided to apply i.e FLR(M) or Tier 1,2 or 5 dependent ?