ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRo for husband...Help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noonoo
Newly Registered

FLRo for husband...Help!

Post by noonoo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:33 pm

I have been reading this forum for a while and I was wondering if I could call upon the expertise of those on this forum.

I am a British citizen and I am married to a Nigerian man. Before we got married he applied for a FLRo visa (Dec 2010) based on me and my son whom he had made a family with.He made his application when his previous visa was expired and stopped working. He was asked for more information around the middle of 2011, most of which we had but unfortunately we didn't have anything to prove our 1st year living together, mainly because we didn't know to keep old documents.
To cut a long story short, it was refused with no right to appeal around June 2011 and we asked for it to be reconsidered the next month. We are still waiting 2 years later.
We have since got married (2011) and we had a baby last year June. At present, he looks after our 2 children while I work.We were in limbo as we had not heard anything.

We gave up on the reconsideration at the beginning of August 2013 and put in a new application. Within a week my husband was asked to do biometrics and a week after that (15th) he was asked to supply more documents. He was asked to provide our marriage certificate (which they have as part of the previous reconsideration), more documents with my husbands name on it between now and a year ago, a letter from the landlord and also a decree nisi for me, although I have never been married before!

I was wondering, after we provide all of this do we have a good chance?
We have 2 children (one biologically my husbands) who are British, I am born British and we have a genuine marriage. I'm just confused at what they could possibly need these extra things for. I've just had to bust a gut getting a copy of the marriage certificate although they have the original.

Any one been in this situation?
Last edited by noonoo on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:45 pm

Perhaps you should pursue the other application, as it will confer greater rights, and enable him to secure ILR in 7, rather than 10 Year, except of course you are earning 18600 or more. In any event, you will need to rely on Exception 1, as he has no leave to remain. This could result in him have to wait for 10 years to qualify for ILR.

If however you pursue the previous application, which was made prior to July 2012, then you have a good prospect, of him having to wait for only 7 years.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

noonoo
Newly Registered

Post by noonoo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:58 am

Obie wrote:Perhaps you should pursue the other application, as it will confer greater rights, and enable him to secure ILR in 7, rather than 10 Year, except of course you are earning 18600 or more. In any event, you will need to rely on Exception 1, as he has no leave to remain. This could result in him have to wait for 10 years to qualify for ILR.

If however you pursue the previous application, which was made prior to July 2012, then you have a good prospect, of him having to wait for only 7 years.
Thanks for your reply.

We have been pursuing the other application for over 2 years. Every phone call, MP letter and complaint has been i vain. I think at this point, my husband and I just want him to have some valid leave so we are willing to take the longer route. I feel like we will be waiting so long that the 10 year route could work out shorter considering the long wait.

Is exception 1 about leave being based on a British child?

Thanks again for your reply.

noonoo
Newly Registered

Approved!!

Post by noonoo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:57 pm

I am happy to say that our solicitor received my husbands approved visa today. About 8 weeks since we applied!! Thank God!!

khan0786
Newly Registered

Re: Approved!!

Post by khan0786 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:11 pm

noonoo wrote:I am happy to say that our solicitor received my husbands approved visa today. About 8 weeks since we applied!! Thank God!!
is it 30 months visa? 10 year route