ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Revocation of current leave and detained fast track?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meslasiv
Newly Registered

Revocation of current leave and detained fast track?

Post by meslasiv » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:42 am

I was just wondering - if you hold a valid LTR in the UK at the moment and were to apply for asylum, can/will the UKBA revoke your current leave to remain if it still has several years on it left? I was just wondering because my lawyer told me something about that a year ago, so in this case, a failed in-country asylum application could actually result in things going really wrong and you being deported.

Another question is related to detained fast track for asylum applicants. Are applicants holding a valid leave to remain ever put in immigration detention? I'd assume there would be no reason for that unless UKBA revoked the LTR when the asylum application is made.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:30 am

If you make an application for asylum it will be assessed as usual and if the application fails UKBA could revoke the present leave and attempt to remove you.

Fast track asylum is for those whose application can be easily resolved.To prove you are fleeing your country to seek refuge is not easy.Once you are detained they will attempt to remove you within 3 days.