ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit & CCJs

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akp2014
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit & CCJs

Post by akp2014 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:16 pm

I lived in the UK in 2008, under a Tier 1 permit. I may have a CCJ as a result of losing my job in the economic crash and having to return to the States, unable to pay a debt.

I cannot access my UK credit history from America - I have tried every credit agency and they require a pin be sent to the old address.

I married an Italian National in 2009 and we have been living in the States together. This month, I applied for an EEA Family Permit to move to London with my spouse. My application is DELAYED and the UKBA won't tell me why.

MY QUESTION IS: CAN A CCJ CAUSE MY APPLICATION TO BE DENIED?

Thank you!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:35 pm

Highly unlikely.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Diomond

Re: EEA Family Permit & CCJs

Post by Diomond » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:50 pm

akp2014 wrote:I lived in the UK in 2008, under a Tier 1 permit. I may have a CCJ as a result of losing my job in the economic crash and having to return to the States, unable to pay a debt.

I cannot access my UK credit history from America - I have tried every credit agency and they require a pin be sent to the old address.

I married an Italian National in 2009 and we have been living in the States together. This month, I applied for an EEA Family Permit to move to London with my spouse. My application is DELAYED and the UKBA won't tell me why.

MY QUESTION IS: CAN A CCJ CAUSE MY APPLICATION TO BE DENIED?

Thank you!
No, Not at all, I can confirm from experience tht would not be the issue,