ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newborn baby in Germany EU Family

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

john1978

Newborn baby in Germany EU Family

Post by john1978 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Hello to All.

Please I need Your Advice in Here.Father British.mother eea family permanent valid for 5 years.

I have been in Germany Since 2004 on that time I did had a family residence permit for 5 years.then now I am British citizen i understand my newborn (son) eligible for British passport i have already sent the application form to UK ..but my question is dose he eligible for German citizenship and he has born in Germany last 2 weeks ago. Thank you very much i hope you can give us a advice.

John1978.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:00 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_nat ... in_Germany

I assume you have unbefristet residence at this point, as you have been in Germany for more than 5 years. This seems to suggest your child thus has German citizenship.

I am not sure if the child would actually have to apply retain German citizenship by the age of 23, as they are British. What it says here might be wrong or correct.

So the child likely is British, German, and the nationality of the mother.

john1978

Post by john1978 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:43 pm

hello.Directive/2004/38/EC
Thanks for reply
i don't i have unbefristet

i went to kvr (munchen) i did ask and they told me no my child is not German.
because i have not been in germany for exactly 8 years but i was in germany in 2004 i had left germany in 2005 until 2010 because of the gap.but any way i have had applied already for british passport for my second newborn child.as i am british and my first child british also.there is not probleam A women in kvr told me british passport is bitter :D

Thank you Directive/2004/38/EC

John1978

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:30 pm

I am not so sure the KVR woman is right. Give me a chance to check their work.

(I should note that the Muenchen KVR have previously given very incorrect information about requirements for the non-EU spouse of an EU citizen to get a Residence Card)

When exactly were you in Germany? Were you working the whole time you were in Germany?